Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
amilburn1#

Post by amilburn1# »

Hi, new owner of a 2020 Vauxhall Grandland X 1.2 puretech Elite Nav in Ruby Red,70 plate with 42000 on the clock

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello amilburn1# and Welcome to the forum.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Tenzer

Post by Tenzer »

Hi everybody.

I'm a new owner of a 2020 Grandland X Griffin 1.2 turbo automatic. Quite an upgrade from the previous 2010 Astra I had.

I'll probably mostly ask questions about any niggles I might encounter or otherwise try to gain from the experience you other owners have. I'll of course also try to be helpful if there's something I've discovered that might be nice to know!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Tenzer wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:06 am Hi everybody.

I'm a new owner of a 2020 Grandland X Griffin 1.2 turbo automatic. Quite an upgrade from the previous 2010 Astra I had.

I'll probably mostly ask questions about any niggles I might encounter or otherwise try to gain from the experience you other owners have. I'll of course also try to be helpful if there's something I've discovered that might be nice to know!
Hello Tenzer and Welcome to the forum.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
TYC

Post by TYC »

Hi all, just bought my first Grandland 2022 1.5 Ultimate in black, quite an improvement on my 1.4 2016 Corsa that I traded in, although a bit surprised that I now need to check my tyre pressure physically 😱 🤣 rather than look at them on the instrument panel, but hey ho!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi TYC and Welcome to the Forum. I agree about the tyre pressure monitoring sadly they didnt carry over this tech to the newer cars.
Schui1024

Post by Schui1024 »

Well my excitement was short lived. 2 months of ownership.

Car was stolen today. Unsure as to how as I had the key so still waiting to see if there is cctv.

Anyway, it’s a reminder to consider a tracker…. As I think it was probably a low loader.
Can’t see any other way it could be taken!

So a warning to all… Grandlands are in demand and will be at risk alongside any other car.
Good luck, and invest in a tracker!
Schui1024

Post by Schui1024 »

Schui1024 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:02 am Well my excitement was short lived. 2 months of ownership.
Recovered. Intact. Thank God. Tracker going in shortly.
And my box of bits in the boot that I hadn't yet fitted still there too...
so.. once it's cleaned up.. will continue with the original plan.
Adam G

Post by Adam G »

Hi, I've posted on one thread here before but thought I'd introduce myself with my feedback approximately one year since purchasing a second-hand 2019 (19 reg) Grandland X 1.2 SE Turbo petrol.

Overall:
Pleased with the performance and reliability of the car. Although I've listed a lot of negatives, most of them are minor inconveniences such as storage and audio problems.

Positive:
  1. Cabin noise is very quiet.
  2. First (compact) SUV I've owned, but it's not so big / tall as to seem overbearing, so it's been easier for me to adjust.
  3. Able to fit a small adult between two infant / toddler car seats at the back.
  4. Front and rear windscreen defoggers act very quickly (particularly the front one on max setting).
Negative - I've seen most of these mentioned on this forum before:
  1. Scary - wet timing belt. Hasn't been a problem yet but will always ask about it when the time for a service comes around.
  2. Ride is generally smooth on normal roads, but seems very unstable on gravelly / bumpy roads - wobbles from side to side, at least in driver's position (no complaints from front passenger position).
  3. Glove compartment is almost completely useless due to lack of storage space. Can only fit in thin things like a pen.
  4. Drawer under steering wheel near driver's door is very stiff.
  5. Boot has no light - seems ridiculous as I would never have expected this to be missing in a car!
  6. Side pockets in boot are very shallow, struggle to fit 3 empty shopping bags in there without folding them.
  7. Biting point is too high. I'm still not quite used to this despite how long I've had the car.
  8. Android Auto doesn't remember volume adjustments. Generally I find it a bit too loud.
  9. The boot doesn't automatically lock after a short time once closed.
  10. The key fob has recently decided to unlock all the doors when long pressing on the boot release button (rather than just the boot).
  11. The radio isn't intuitive. I inherited the car with only a handful of stations and have not been able to successfully pick up new stations on the scan unless I manually choose a local region. When navigating up and down radio stations it jumps between FM/AM/DAB somewhat randomly rather than sticking to the same source (e.g. DAB).
Glad to have this forum - I read through the Faults & Technical section quite extensively in the first few weeks after buying the car.
2019 (19 reg) Grandland X 1.2 SE Turbo petrol
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Schui1024 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:15 pm
Schui1024 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:02 am Well my excitement was short lived. 2 months of ownership.
Recovered. Intact. Thank God. Tracker going in shortly.
And my box of bits in the boot that I hadn't yet fitted still there too...
so.. once it's cleaned up.. will continue with the original plan.
👍🏻