Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:21 pm
MattCrane wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:07 pm Who are you... Hi I am Matt
Where are you... Cornwall
What version of Grandland X did you go for? 1.5d Auto Ultimate

Only ordered it last week and been told 8 months for delivery, so let the waiting begin :lol:
Hello MattCrane and Welcome to the Forum.

Bet you cant wait for your new car to arrive 😁

What car do you currently drive and what made you choose the Grandland?
I am a Motability user so my current car, a Toyota CH-R Hybrid, was due for replacing and as I am slowly getting back into my fishing and shooting I needed something a little larger to carry mobility equipment and the hobby equipment.

And having had Vauxhall many years ago, I decided to take a look and after speaking to the dealer and after they let me have a 2 day test drive it was an an instant decision after driving it home.

So now I can't wait.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

MattCrane wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:28 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:21 pm
MattCrane wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:07 pm Who are you... Hi I am Matt
Where are you... Cornwall
What version of Grandland X did you go for? 1.5d Auto Ultimate

Only ordered it last week and been told 8 months for delivery, so let the waiting begin :lol:
Hello MattCrane and Welcome to the Forum.

Bet you cant wait for your new car to arrive 😁

What car do you currently drive and what made you choose the Grandland?
I am a Motability user so my current car, a Toyota CH-R Hybrid, was due for replacing and as I am slowly getting back into my fishing and shooting I needed something a little larger to carry mobility equipment and the hobby equipment.

And having had Vauxhall many years ago, I decided to take a look and after speaking to the dealer and after they let me have a 2 day test drive it was an an instant decision after driving it home.

So now I can't wait.

Fair enough. 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Oldie

Post by Oldie »

Hi there. My name is Alex and i've been a Vauxhall driver for the last 25 years. I recently bought a Vauxhall Grandland 1.2 sri nav turbo to replace my Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 turbo diesel. It has only done 5500 miles but on occasions when i put the key into the ignition and turn it to the first position i get a message "Engine problem Repair needed" and the engine symbol appearing on the screen. On three of those occasions the engine sounded as if it was not on all cylinders when started and lacked power. I have been back to my local garage 9 times but so far they haven't managed to pinpont the problem. It has all been trial and error. My local Vauxhall dealer has served me well over the years so i trust them completely. Has anybody on here experienced this. Any help would be appreciated.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Oldie (Alex) and Welcome to the Forum.

Have they connected it to the Diagnostic computer to see if any fault codes are showing?
I would try and video the issue as this will help them more if its an intermittent fault.
One other question you could ask the dealership is if they have contacted Vauxhall Technical with your issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Ducassos

Post by Ducassos »

edgejedi wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:30 am Let's say hi to our new members on the board.

Who are you...
Where are you...
What version of Grandland X did you go for?

:D
hi, my I am a retired Bt Engineer living in Berkshire. Just bought a new grandland GS line. The experience was ruined today by Vauxhall. Whilst checking over the vehicle I noticed there was no front and rear parking sensors as per specs. After waiting8 months for delivery we now have to wait till next Monday to have these fitted. What I am trying to find out is, are the connections already in the loom to accommodate the sensors or will all new wiring need to be added?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Ducassos and Welcome to the Forum.
Its hard to really say due to the Global shortage and parts not been added in your case.
Most cars will have these so hopefully they can just add them to the exisiting wiring or it may already be there and just need connecting.
Did they advise you whether it was being done in house by them or an external company?
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Hi All, Stumbled upon this forum a few days ago. I moderate and administer some Grandland forums on FB along with Mokka forums too, background is I've owned a few Vauxhalls over the years from my original Opel Manta GTE (loved that car, also so did the police ;) ) then along with company cars so a few Insigna's, all being Diesels 130 and 160's, two Mokka's (original Mokka and the newer Mokka X) and right upto my current Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 current car, this is by far the comfiest, and on these cold days the warmest too with its heated seats (which are also cooled in the summer :D ) and steering wheel along with its front heated screen clears away the frost with ease.

Interesting forum here and see a lot of questions and answers too, seen most issues and postings, also Vauxhall had lost the ball a bit on the newer released facelift version as a lot of the kit has been dropped that I have as standard on my Elite Nav, things like sensors front and back, reverse camera (mine has the 360 one) electric seats, even heated steering wheel been dropped out of some, and the delivery times for new builds is quite shocking, upto 12+ months on some :o :o :o

I'll have a look around and pop up on relevant postings :D :D
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Jw427 and Welcome to the forum.

I am lucky like you and the first owner added all the options to my Grandland X.
I agree the newer Grandland has less options and kit then the first Gen.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Jw427 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:27 am Hi All, Stumbled upon this forum a few days ago. I moderate and administer some Grandland forums on FB along with Mokka forums too, background is I've owned a few Vauxhalls over the years from my original Opel Manta GTE (loved that car, also so did the police ;) ) then along with company cars so a few Insigna's, all being Diesels 130 and 160's, two Mokka's (original Mokka and the newer Mokka X) and right upto my current Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 current car, this is by far the comfiest, and on these cold days the warmest too with its heated seats (which are also cooled in the summer :D ) and steering wheel along with its front heated screen clears away the frost with ease.

Interesting forum here and see a lot of questions and answers too, seen most issues and postings, also Vauxhall had lost the ball a bit on the newer released facelift version as a lot of the kit has been dropped that I have as standard on my Elite Nav, things like sensors front and back, reverse camera (mine has the 360 one) electric seats, even heated steering wheel been dropped out of some, and the delivery times for new builds is quite shocking, upto 12+ months on some :o :o :o

I'll have a look around and pop up on relevant postings :D :D
A Vauxhall Grandland Ultimate with an auto is the same price now as the new BMW X1 auto 18i X Line - the BMW also has more kit too...

VX have backed themselves in a corner too as discounting will destroy residual values and then you have a double edge sword that interest rates have gone up so PCP prices have shot up too. I saw £600 a month for a Hybrid Ultimate :ugeek: . In 12 months time we won't be back for another Grandland sadly as it stands and will look for better value alternatives or a premium marque.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

[/quote]

A Vauxhall Grandland Ultimate with an auto is the same price now as the new BMW X1 auto 18i X Line - the BMW also has more kit too...

VX have backed themselves in a corner too as discounting will destroy residual values and then you have a double edge sword that interest rates have gone up so PCP prices have shot up too. I saw £600 a month for a Hybrid Ultimate :ugeek: . In 12 months time we won't be back for another Grandland sadly as it stands and will look for better value alternatives or a premium marque.
[/quote]

Yea I like the Grandland X I have, they made some nice changes to the facelift version like colour coding out all the black trim :P , but have also left out a lot of important bits. Vauxhall as a premium brand in Stellantis hands has not paid well, look at the DS models they are trying to sell for 40K ++++ and Peugeot's too, near on 50K for 508, no way :o . Sadly think this may be my last VX car as I want the creature comforts and gadgets it has as std, not a more expensive same model but gives me less :?: the twin sister model 3008 is sure a nice looking car (newer face lift model one) but not so sure on the iCockpit though and holds its value more than the Grandand. Oh and both share the engine, but French electrics still make people shudder :roll: :roll:
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)