firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
huffy

Post by huffy »

A new Map Update is available on the VAUXHALL Update app (Cartography 13.0.0-r0).
I've been trying to download it, but the download won't start, keeps telling me "An error occurred while retrieving update data" and telling me to "check my connection settings", which are okay.
Anyone else having any problems, or is it just me?

On the My Vauxhall app it states, "You can also download the update file directly and install it in your vehicle", anyone know anything about this? I've never found a way to do it.

Cheers
Grandland X Hybrid 4

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

I am in the middle of downloading now.
I installed Vauxhall update again and was told a new version was available. I accepted the new version and was then in the hands of Opel Update.
They insist on you typing in your Vin Number, no copy and paste allowed. Also have to type in a name for your car like GRANDLAND X.
Choose the location for the download to go, they create a folder called Opel Update, so choose that one. I takes an hour on my internet connection.
Have your USB SD card ready, but do not plug it in to your PC until instructed by the on-screen Opel app.
The SD card will be formatted during the process.

Capture Opel Update.JPG

New Vauxhall update.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I have managed to download the latest maps update to my USB drive. You need to have lots of spare space on your computer because it downloads 18.3 GB worth of files and then has to unpack them on the computer to be copied to the USB drive so you will need about 40GB free on your computer.
I havent updated the maps on the car yet as it still in the dealers being repaired (its only been 7 weeks).
huffy

Post by huffy »

I have the latest update app on my Mac and plenty of space available, it just won't start the download all I get is "An error occurred while retrieving update data", updated many times in the past with no problems.
When I get the chance I'll try on my daughters PC, see if that works.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

huffy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:10 am I have the latest update app on my Mac and plenty of space available, it just won't start the download all I get is "An error occurred while retrieving update data", updated many times in the past with no problems.
When I get the chance I'll try on my daughters PC, see if that works.
This can sometimes be the USB stick it doesnt like.
Have you tried formatting the USB stick and trying again.
If this does not work its worth trying another USB stick if you have one.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
huffy

Post by huffy »

No, it's nothing to do with the USB drive.
On my Mac the Vauxhall update app won't start the download.
Tried it on my daughters PC and after opening the Vauxhall update app I was notified of a new version and downloaded the Opel update app, this worked correctly.
It appears, that on my Mac it wasn't triggering the download for the Opel update app, which is needed to update the maps.
Got there now but hope they sort out the Mac specific problem before any other updates come out.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Simon74.

Post by Simon74. »

Hi can someone tell me in simple terms how to update the map I hadn't done it before as I couldn't find the charger lead for my pc now I have it I tried doing it yesterday so aisnt a clue if its right or not until I put the USB in.if someone can go though the steps that would be great..

Thanks
Regards
Simon
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

huffy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 pm No, it's nothing to do with the USB drive.
On my Mac the Vauxhall update app won't start the download.
Tried it on my daughters PC and after opening the Vauxhall update app I was notified of a new version and downloaded the Opel update app, this worked correctly.
It appears, that on my Mac it wasn't triggering the download for the Opel update app, which is needed to update the maps.
Got there now but hope they sort out the Mac specific problem before any other updates come out.
Great that you got it sorted.
It might be worth emailing Vauxhall customer care to say about the issue at least then its logged and you can prove it works on another pc so hopefully nextime you can use your Mac.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Tringy

Post by Tringy »

20221004_131526.jpg

I have had the same issue
3 different memory sticks downloaded from vauxhall and opel 4 times you can see updates loaded on sticks but won't load up in car it says no media on USB
And version not compatible with hardrive, been converted to fat32 via download its driving me up the wall

20221004_131536.jpg

20221004_133955.jpg

20221004_134006.jpg

20221004_135451.jpg

20221004_135528.jpg

2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.
huffy

Post by huffy »

Is your Flash Drive big enough? My downloaded file is 19.58 GB.
Grandland X Hybrid 4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post