firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Tringy

Post by Tringy »

2 are 32gb and 1 is 64gb
Iv took this up with customer care what a waste of time phoned them 2 weeks ago no reply also sent emails to the ceo of vauxhall uk not holding my breath
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.

Eddiehunter76

Post by Eddiehunter76 »

huffy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:03 am A new Map Update is available on the VAUXHALL Update app (Cartography 13.0.0-r0).
I've been trying to download it, but the download won't start, keeps telling me "An error occurred while retrieving update data" and telling me to "check my connection settings", which are okay.
Anyone else having any problems, or is it just me?

On the My Vauxhall app it states, "You can also download the update file directly and install it in your vehicle", anyone know anything about this? I've never found a way to do it.

Cheers

I’ve just bought a new Grandland GS and noticed the updates too. I also had the same problem with the My Vauxhall app telling me to check my connection.

After lengthy web chat with their support team I was emailed a direct link to download the update directly. I did this (I have a MacBook Pro) I’ve downloaded the zipped update to my computer, unzipped it and copied the contents across to a USB stick….I’ve tried 2…one is a 128GB and one a 256gb so plenty of storage. I plug into the car and nothing happens.

Does anyone know if I need to move any files from within the root folder? I’m completely stumped!!!!
huffy

Post by huffy »

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 10.09.37.png

When I open my Flash Drive this is what I see at the root.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Tringy

Post by Tringy »

Just had car serviced. already been onto customer service team, can't download to car tried 6 times different memory
sticks whilst car was being serviced they said they will have go when I picked the car up they said car had been updated but when he took me to the car the tech guy had lied still had the same as before thank god it was free
Customer service are looking into again even though they sent me a more updated version they will get back to me next week they said there are hundreds with the same issue
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

I tried to download updates from Vauxhall connect for my brand new Vauxhall Grandland ultimate auto and it said down load unavailable from the app please contact the manufacturer.
Ian T
huffy

Post by huffy »

As far as I am aware, the normal way to update the maps is via the "VAUXHALL Update app" on either PC or MAC.
I have the VAUXHALL Update app on my MAC, but just out of curiosity I've just had a look round the Vauxhall / My Vauxhall websites and can't find a link to download the app anymore.

Not very helpful I know!

Cheers
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Hello the app says not able to download updates for this car and directs you to use Vauxhall online?
Strange
Onewildlad

Post by Onewildlad »

Finally picking up my GS as a replacment for my 69 Sprt Nav this week after a 8 month wait and thought i'd download the lastest firmware/sat nav(V13.0) but the vauxhall update app gives the "An error occurred while retrieving update data" message.

However for me (and my VIn No.) the opel update version seems to work!

https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... UaU0B4R1b0

in case it helps anyone else
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Map update version 24 is now available on the Vauxhall Update App.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
martinianpaul

Post by martinianpaul »

Like the My Vauxhall app itself, the Opel /, Vauxhall app is a hit and miss affair at best. Absolute disgrace that such basic applications should be allowed onto the app stores. Not fit for purpose. That said, the latest Map update downloaded and copied to a 32gb Kingston Traveller drive today after just three attempts.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post