Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HS10 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:47 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:27 pm Oh no sorry to hear that. I had to change dealerships for my issue. I originally went to just a Vauxhall dealership then I went to a Peugeot one that now does Vauxhall and they know the cars much better than Vauxhall do.
Maybe I need to do this.
Yh it sounds like you might need to.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

HS10
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:45 pm

Post by HS10 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:02 pm
HS10 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:47 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:27 pm Oh no sorry to hear that. I had to change dealerships for my issue. I originally went to just a Vauxhall dealership then I went to a Peugeot one that now does Vauxhall and they know the cars much better than Vauxhall do.
Maybe I need to do this.
Yh it sounds like you might need to.
Yep, too many issues in last 2 weeks.
satellitemandaz
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 am

Post by satellitemandaz »

Hi Guy's, I posted on this subject back in 2018 and still have never had the S/S working despite telling VX on every service, it's just been in for a service MOT and the recall Active brake assist, my partner drove to work the next day and could not get home, it lit up like a Xmas tree bleeping like mad would not start, she was panicking, I tried to jump start it using some thin jump leads nothing left it charging 20 mins nothing, called out the AA , they said it looks like the battery, they got it running and we got it home, put it on charge, the next day flat again, put it back a charge and the charger said the car was drawing 30Amps ! , I went to Halfords yesterday to test the battery, they said it was coming up needs charging and re test, so it's been on charge overnight and going back shortly to have it tested, we will see what happens, Halford batteries are EFB £186.99 + £27.00 to fit as it needs to be programmed onto the car? I've started reading back though this topic but just got to page 27, what have I missed, this forum is a lot bigger then when I first joined, cheers every one have a good easter ,(if your are off)
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

satellitemandaz wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 am Hi Guy's, I posted on this subject back in 2018 and still have never had the S/S working despite telling VX on every service, it's just been in for a service MOT and the recall Active brake assist, my partner drove to work the next day and could not get home, it lit up like a Xmas tree bleeping like mad would not start, she was panicking, I tried to jump start it using some thin jump leads nothing left it charging 20 mins nothing, called out the AA , they said it looks like the battery, they got it running and we got it home, put it on charge, the next day flat again, put it back a charge and the charger said the car was drawing 30Amps ! , I went to Halfords yesterday to test the battery, they said it was coming up needs charging and re test, so it's been on charge overnight and going back shortly to have it tested, we will see what happens, Halford batteries are EFB £186.99 + £27.00 to fit as it needs to be programmed onto the car? I've started reading back though this topic but just got to page 27, what have I missed, this forum is a lot bigger then when I first joined, cheers every one have a good easter ,(if your are off)
Hey If you do get a new battery make sure the battery rating is 760 and not 720. They fitted the lower to mine at first and it worked for a while then stopped.
Its been working as it should do since mid 2021 now and still going.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
satellitemandaz
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 am

Post by satellitemandaz »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:43 pm
satellitemandaz wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 am Hi Guy's, I posted on this subject back in 2018 and still have never had the S/S working despite telling VX on every service, it's just been in for a service MOT and the recall Active brake assist, my partner drove to work the next day and could not get home, it lit up like a Xmas tree bleeping like mad would not start, she was panicking, I tried to jump start it using some thin jump leads nothing left it charging 20 mins nothing, called out the AA , they said it looks like the battery, they got it running and we got it home, put it on charge, the next day flat again, put it back a charge and the charger said the car was drawing 30Amps ! , I went to Halfords yesterday to test the battery, they said it was coming up needs charging and re test, so it's been on charge overnight and going back shortly to have it tested, we will see what happens, Halford batteries are EFB £186.99 + £27.00 to fit as it needs to be programmed onto the car? I've started reading back though this topic but just got to page 27, what have I missed, this forum is a lot bigger then when I first joined, cheers every one have a good easter ,(if your are off)
Hey If you do get a new battery make sure the battery rating is 760 and not 720. They fitted the lower to mine at first and it worked for a while then stopped.
Its been working as it should do since mid 2021 now and still going.
Yes it's a 760Ah Halfords AGM096 got it for £160 in the end, it was cheaper than the EFB, put it on the charger and it's now fully charged but only done two 5 mile journeys so not tested fully, getting electrical fault coming up still but this was reported to VX after they serviced it, but they cannot get it back in till the 21st
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
satellitemandaz
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 am

Post by satellitemandaz »

satellitemandaz wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:04 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:43 pm
satellitemandaz wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 am Hi Guy's, I posted on this subject back in 2018 and still have never had the S/S working despite telling VX on every service, it's just been in for a service MOT and the recall Active brake assist, my partner drove to work the next day and could not get home, it lit up like a Xmas tree bleeping like mad would not start, she was panicking, I tried to jump start it using some thin jump leads nothing left it charging 20 mins nothing, called out the AA , they said it looks like the battery, they got it running and we got it home, put it on charge, the next day flat again, put it back a charge and the charger said the car was drawing 30Amps ! , I went to Halfords yesterday to test the battery, they said it was coming up needs charging and re test, so it's been on charge overnight and going back shortly to have it tested, we will see what happens, Halford batteries are EFB £186.99 + £27.00 to fit as it needs to be programmed onto the car? I've started reading back though this topic but just got to page 27, what have I missed, this forum is a lot bigger then when I first joined, cheers every one have a good easter ,(if your are off)
Hey If you do get a new battery make sure the battery rating is 760 and not 720. They fitted the lower to mine at first and it worked for a while then stopped.
Its been working as it should do since mid 2021 now and still going.
Yes it's a 760Ah Halfords AGM096 got it for £160 in the end, it was cheaper than the EFB, put it on the charger and it's now fully charged but only done two 5 mile journeys so not tested fully, getting electrical fault coming up still but this was reported to VX after they serviced it, but they cannot get it back in till the 21st
Update, Start/stop is working just done 2 x 5 mile and it S/S at every traffic light OMG it was the battery all a long from when we first got it, I did tell VX when we first got the car that the forum said it was but did they listen ? , PS just took the car to the tyre place because of a nail in one off the tyres and saw an advert about the fuild for punctures as a use by of 5 years, they checked it for me and it was out of date, so I've had that replaced, they also checked the wheel alignment and all 4 wheels are out, they can only adjust the front ones so had that done as well.
1 new battery, 1 tyre fluid , puncture repair, MOT ,VX recall ,service = New car ?
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
sziher
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:05 pm

Post by sziher »

Bought mine in 2018. Had to replace battery twice so far, first in March 2021 and second one today. I think it's not normal to purchase a battery every two years. The dealer says it's all ok and sees no problem in it. Any suggestions?
GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

What batteries are you purchasing? as the CCA rating on my first replacement battery the dealership fitted was wrong.
The first one worked with stop and then stopped so after doing some research I realised this and had to speak with the Vauxhall CEO office to get resolved with a new battery with the correct rating.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jw427
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by Jw427 »

sziher wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:28 pm Bought mine in 2018. Had to replace battery twice so far, first in March 2021 and second one today. I think it's not normal to purchase a battery every two years. The dealer says it's all ok and sees no problem in it. Any suggestions?
My first battery on the car lasted 5 years, which i would say is about right. My S/S never worked since I had the car (2 years) no other issues on starting or use, well until the battery died then every bell, whistle, ping, pong, chime and light error flashed up on the dash :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
trevsoup@aol.com
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:20 am

Post by trevsoup@aol.com »

my 2018 model has never worked despite the battery being at 90 % and even after trickle charging for 12 hours. my local Vauxhall garage insists the battery is at fault.
Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post