Grandland X 2018 1.2 petrol cambelt changes

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
beefyburt

Post by beefyburt »

Hey. I've just bought a 2018 1.2 petrol Grandland X, and in the paperwork it confirm its had a new cambelt fitted as part of the service/prep works. The car done only 55000 miles. Then I noticed a sticker on the inside of the drivers door opening, which says the cambelt was changed at 48764 miles, in August last year. All seems a bit odd? Why would they change it again after only 7000 miles? Any thoughts? Cheers.

Valer

Post by Valer »

Three things spring to mind,
1/it was already showings signs of shredding,
2/because they know the major issues there are with the wet belts on this engine and wanted to be 100% certain it was ok for the duration of their warranty period,
3/they couldn't confirm when it was last changed and didn't spot the B pillar sticker
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
beefyburt

Post by beefyburt »

Valer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:12 am Three things spring to mind,
1/it was already showings signs of shredding,
2/because they know the major issues there are with the wet belts on this engine and wanted to be 100% certain it was ok for the duration of their warranty period,
3/they couldn't confirm when it was last changed and didn't spot the B pillar sticker
Thanks for your reply, but now I'm worried out it been a known problem! Will it last 50000 or less?
Cheers.
Valer

Post by Valer »

They are now supposed to be a better belt and the oil spec to use has been changed but read this thread if you want nightmares
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1063
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Hi guys, I’m changing the camber soon and wondering on your last comments. Loads of suppliers out there offering their wares. But a newer version of the cam belt and Oil spec, I would like to know what they are now recommending. Any advice?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post