D/B ???

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Daft Dave

Post by Daft Dave »

I've tried Googling but I can't find the answer to this.

When I start the vehicle, before moving forward I can put it into either D or B (D/B on the stick), can someone please explain the difference between D/B

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I'm assuming that you have a Hybrid. D is for Drive (on the auto box) and B is for one pedal driving mode.
From page 126 of the manual:
Automatic mode D
Notice
In slippery conditions, operate the
vehicle in D for enhanced riding and
handling performance.
Automatic mode B with one-pedal
driving

In this mode, the vehicle speed is
significantly reduced by releasing the
accelerator pedal without operating
the brake pedal.
Use B when driving down steep hills,
in deep snow, in mud or in stop-andgo traffic.

To activate B, select D and push the
selector backwards. To shift out of B,
push the selector again.

The maula is available online if Vauxhall decided to not include on ein your car: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/ ... l_2022.pdf
Daft Dave

Post by Daft Dave »

Thanks for your clear explanation
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

You will notice that in B mode there is a braking affect when letting off the accelerator like engine braking.
oldguynewcar

Post by oldguynewcar »

Actually, I take issue with this feature being called 'one pedal' driving.
It isn't!

What it is is 'one FOOT' driving.

True one pedal driving means not having to use the brake (unless in an emergency, or course). The car should slow down and come to a halt when you release the accelerator as on many other cars (Polestar 2, for example, which I also have).

In B mode, as mentioned, the braking effect is increased and the car will slow down when you release the accelerator, but it won't come to a halt. It will also creep forward when you release the brake pedal. Similar to an ordinary automatic.
There is seemingly no way to deactivate this creep function.

It's definitely not 'one pedal' driving and it's something that disappoints me greatly.
We chose this car over the Volvo based not only on price but also on the fact that the salesman said it was one pedal driving so we could have two cars that drove in the same way without having to keep switching brains.
Sadly, they didn't have one in stock that we could test drive and we had to order one.

After waiting 18 months for delivery, I wish we'd gone with the Volvo now.