Vauxhall app vs Apple, Google play.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

As the title says. Why you can’t use both at the same time is baffling enough. Which apprentice went I have an idea, but you can’t use both. I like the app as it’ll tell you where you’re parked, how many miles, how much fuel and what each journey has done etc etc so because of this I don’t connect via apple play for me. Why can’t both work together? The app is just blue toothed over so I find it really difficult that they decided to turn this feature off if your decide to connect your phone to the usb car play. Blue tooth works all over my house plugged in or not.

Which do you prefer and which do you use and why.

PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Wow the force is strong on this one. Not a single interaction 😂
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I don't use apple car play as I have and android phone. I do use android auto using a wireless adapter. That doesn't seem to have any issues using the app at the same time.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

jw021979 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:45 pm I don't use apple car play as I have and android phone. I do use android auto using a wireless adapter. That doesn't seem to have any issues using the app at the same time.

How does that work? What does the wireless adaptor do?
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

So bought the ottacast wireless dongle for apple car play. Works great, but it’s the same as if plugged in. The Vauxhall app won’t work if a BT is already connected, which is the case with the dongle through BT. So no better off really.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post