Odd starting issue, electric mirrors don't open etc.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Grandland X 2018 NAV 1.2 Petrol. I have had this problem for a few months. It is an intermittent problem and disappears when car gets going and may not reappear until next day. Have replaced car battery, key fob battery, main fuse box/relay box under bonnet has been swapped out so its not that. When pressing the key fob the mirrors don't open out but the car unlocks. It then may take between 2 and 40 presses of the start button to start. When it does start the spanner light comes on and the display says problem with front fog lamps, problem with main beam. If you turn the front fogs on and off and turn main beam on and off the spanner disappears. Car drives fine, stop start works ok, mirror opens when engine starts. I have recently been trying to learn electronics and it seems to a beginner like me to be a relay problem as if it was a fuse things wouldn't work at all???? However the diagrams for the fuse boxes on the web are not clear on what the relays actually control and which fuse box they are in. The passenger side fuse box is hopelessly covered in cables. I don't know how they expect you to change even a simple fuse let alone a relay. The car has only done 17,000 miles and its frustrating as I quite like the car. Also don't buy the Haynes on-line manual. Its not up to date with the electronics and when I complained to Haynes I got no where.

Almac17

Post by Almac17 »

Hi. I’m having the exact same issues with my 2018 1.6 diesel! Had battery changed 2 weeks ago as that’s what was initially being blamed, but the problems persist.
It’s been to the Vauxhall dealership and had diagnostics done which didn’t show any issue. They kept the car for a week so they could try it every day and of course it worked perfectly whilst with them. Took it home on Monday and the next day it was having all the same issues - mirrors not opening, spanner light, message about fog lamps….
It’s going back to the garage tomorrow.
johnney7

Post by johnney7 »

Hi sorry about that its really frustrating isn't it?
Please let me know how it goes.
Thanks
Skidd72

Post by Skidd72 »

I am now having same issues with my 2018 1.2 turbo sport nav petrol . In the morning normally first time we use it press the fob wing mirrors don’t unfold then get in and press start /stop button sometimes up to 10/20 presses then all of a sudden it starts but a message comes up about check your fog lights and then the orange service light comes on and stays on normally .
Skidd72

Post by Skidd72 »

Has anyone got their problem resolved yet? Mine is going to Vauxhall dealership next Monday
Stu1010

Post by Stu1010 »

Did anybody get this problem fixed as this is happening to my car too
Skidd72

Post by Skidd72 »

No I haven’t yet
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Hi all, had the same issues as a lot of members seemed to start shortly after the safety recall number 03A / 191242CO. I am told by my Vauxhall garage that it is just a coincidence. Anyway they had the car 5 weeks and they deemed the fault to be the immobiliser. That was 2.5 months ago and the same faults have just reappeared so once again off to the garage. Mileage when first fault 22714 mileage when fault returned 23613, 899mls. Print out of fault codes, of witch there was 17, seem to be all communication errors so will have to see what comes up this time.
Shame that Vauxhall don’t send a programmer to check the source code and see exactly when the fault started and the cause. Maybe Vauxhall should put their hands up and admit they have a problem!
mickmac

Post by mickmac »

Hello, has anyone had the stating issue rectified my car is in a Vauxhall garage at the moment with the same problem (doors unlock mirrors don't open after keep trying it starts but spanner light is on and saying fog light problem, this problem is intermittent) it is a 2018 Vauxhall Grandland ?
dale1990

Post by dale1990 »

Same issue, just been told by Eden Vauxhall that it requires a new PGDA/PDGA module/unit??

No idea what this is, but it controls the lock & unlock and the mirrors folding/unfolding that goes with it.

Awaiting quote.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post