Wheel nut covers for the locking nut.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi all. Anyone know if the locking nut should also have a plastic cover cap over the top? All other nuts have a plastic cap but the locking nut doesn’t. I assume it’s slightly a different shape to the rest and why it doesn’t have one.

Do any of you Grandland X’ers have a cap over the locking nut or not? If you do, any ideas if it looks any different inside the cap, and where I could obtain these from? Loads on Fleabay and Amazon but not confident any will fit.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0427.jpeg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey PeteW

Mine is the same as yours in the picture and doesnt have a cap over the locking wheel nut.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks GrandlandX68 good to know. You would have thought however, that Vauxhall would have thought fitting one over these also would have made the wheels look better. Just gives the impression, one’s fell off.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:55 pm Thanks GrandlandX68 good to know. You would have thought however, that Vauxhall would have thought fitting one over these also would have made the wheels look better. Just gives the impression, one’s fell off.
👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’ve got covers on all of my wheel nuts including locking nut. They were on when I bought it back in 2020. They are all the same design and size as each other which makes the locking nut cover stick out a little bit more than the rest. If you didn’t look for it you wouldn’t know
Hope this helps
Ian
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks ianwat23 … Yeah I tried a cover on the locking nut and it does stick out. So on yours, was the car brand new, or second hand? If brand new, then mine should have ones over the locking nut. If second hand (Like mine) then the previous owner bought additional ones.
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I bought mine when it was 2 years old from the dealers and they were already fitted.
I’ve checked with Vauxhall about accessories or extras being bought from them in the cars service pack or via invoices and they can’t say for certain if they came as standard or were bought by the previous owner.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Cheers Ian. I managed to locate the part number so ordered 8. 4 will go over the locking nut and 4 will become spares. As it sticks out slightly I may cut down the plastic slightly, so they fit more in line with the others. Part number is this.

IMG_0432.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post