Wireless charger.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

PeteW wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:00 pm Grandlandx68 - My phone is as per the photos, resting against the wall phone sat on the base. The reason I want it working is so when the kids plug theirs in to the usb in the back seats, it’s not then connecting to the sterio and I’m than listening to Eminem 🤣 they can pop it in the console out the way. I’m beginning to think though it’s not worth the time trying to get it to work, and like you not bother with it.

Baronoli - did you have to do any wizardry to get the iPhone 11 to work or did it just work without having to do anything with it?
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yh its a pain really
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

It may sound daft but have you asked the dealers about a software/firmware update for your car? The module that controls the charger may just need a newer update to allow it to work correctly.
I only say this as when I had my tech2 system I had performed this on quite a few vectra c’s for the Bluetooth to communicate with newer iPhones.
Hope this helps
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

ianwat23 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:42 pm It may sound daft but have you asked the dealers about a software/firmware update for your car? The module that controls the charger may just need a newer update to allow it to work correctly.
I only say this as when I had my tech2 system I had performed this on quite a few vectra c’s for the Bluetooth to communicate with newer iPhones.
Hope this helps
Hi Ian. I haven’t tried the dealers as I haven’t bought the car from them. I’m assuming then I can just contact Vauxhall and if there’s an update they’ll ask me to come in and carry that out for free?
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Usually the dealers will charge you for the update, that’s why I try and buy the diagnostic equipment myself so I can use it as and when I want to. The problem I have with the grandland is that there is 2 different systems which are used. I believe Peugeot has one and Vauxhall have there own system, I’ve been told each one does different systems and they are work out to expensive to buy both.
When I had my tech2 I was a member of the VectraC forum and had managed to update or program newer modules and features into other members cars as Vauxhall weren’t willing to retrofit the likes of electric rear windows, autolights or wipers.
If you live close to the north east you could give intellilinkmods a call and enquire if there is an update and how much it would cost to do this.
Hope this helps
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Cheers Ian. I live in Manchester, so too far really. I can however contact intellilinkmods to just ask the question. Do you happen to have a number for them?

As for diagnostic etc. I’m not great with stuff like that. Even the update for the radio and maps was a pain in the arse getting them onto a pen stick and then finding out, you need to sit in the car with the engine running. Did the radio one, engine running 45 mins. Couldn’t be bothered doing the maps. Surely having the engine running idle for that amount of time isn’t great for the engine.
petepike

Post by petepike »

I brought a Grandland back in January 2019 and immediately discovered the same problem with my iPhone X. Didn’t charge it wirelessly and just turned the LED orange.
Spoke to 2 different people at the dealership and eventually was told that newer phones (at the time iPhone X wasn’t exactly new) weren’t compatible as it was a Qi version 1 charger and was only compatible with phones as new as the iPhone 7 I think it was (the guy at the dealership showed me one of those technical bulletins stating the fact). I’ll see if I can find this bulletin and post it here; but unfortunately, there’s no update or fix for it.
I did complain at the time as the car was sold to me brand new in 2019 had a charger in it that couldn’t charge an iPhone released at the end of 2017! Definitely not keeping up with technology!!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2T - MY19 - 8 speed Auto - Topaz Blue - Optional Extras:- Black Roof & Mirrors - Dark Tinted Rear Windows - Park & Go Pack 2 (Advanced Park Assist with rear camera) - Keyless Start & Entry/Exit - Powered Tailgate
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks Pete. (Great name by the way).

Yeah the iPhone 11 is Qi version also. I can get it green, but only for a few seconds and some on this thread have claimed it has worked for them on an iPhone 11 so confusing how it seems to work on theirs. I tried the wife’s iPhone 11 also and hers didn’t work either.

Would love someone to post a video of an iPhone 11 showing it working.

If you can dig that info out that would be great.

Just also found this, which says it is compatible with Qi phones including the iPhone X.
https://www.air-charge.com/aircharge-fo ... s-charging

Cheers Pete.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Still no closer to getting this to work. The money we shell out for these cars and that put a wireless charging kit in but don’t think about phones upgrade every bloody year.

Anyone managed to get it to work correctly using an iPhone 11. 🤷🏼‍♂️
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

PeteW wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:29 pm Still no closer to getting this to work. The money we shell out for these cars and they put a wireless charging kit in but don’t think about phones upgrading every bloody year.

Anyone managed to get it to work correctly using an iPhone 11. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post