Faulty new car

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jestot

Post by Jestot »

I took delivery of a Grandland Ultimate 1.2 Turbo auto on 3rd January. This was after a number of issue through the ordering and waiting process with lack of communication from October. The car has not been built to specification in that there is no SatNav installed, confirmed by a technician after a couple of days. The seat and steering wheel warmers were erratic so I wondered what else was wrong. I also reported the poor/incomplete PDI.
Having insisted on a meeting with the Dealer Principal I have been informed that my car was one of a batch of cars sent by Vauxhall with no SatNav, The dealer/salesman knew this before we took delivery of the car but we don’t know how long ago - those staff no longer there! Vauxhall were also offering £500 compensation - which we were not told.
Whilst we had the meeting yesterday, as we were still not happy wondering what else might be wrong, the car was taken through the diagnostic process and came back with a report of 5 faults relating to the Built-in systems interface. Clearly this is worrying and although I don’t understand the technical data a friend has indicated that the car may not be safe.
Has anyone else had similar recent experience? Any advice welcome.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Jestot and Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your having issues with your new car.
If you not getting anywhere with your local dealership the next step would be Vauxhall customer care then if they dont help it would be the Vauxhall CEO.
Judging by your issues and you have seen the dealership principal as your not happy I think your best solution would be to contact the Vauxhall CEO office.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jestot

Post by Jestot »

Thanks for your advice. Vauxhall Customer Care closed at weekends. I'll get on to it first thing tomorrow.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No problem. 👍🏻

You can log a complaint through the Vauxhall website aswell.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Also you may want to consider rejecting the car through 'Not Fit For Purpose' route or spec ordered, dealer delivery miss information and back tracking, and a missing Sat Nav on an Ultimate version, why they do that??

Know VX changed the spec of the Grandland's from Elite Nav to Ultimate half way through last year then they dropped of a load of kit out of them too, all not telling anyone and changing spec sheets mid build too, all confusing to new owners who thought they had ordered one version and getting another delivered.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Jestot

Post by Jestot »

Thanks for your reply. We're thinking reject the car as not to spec ordered = breach of contract. Trouble is finding another difficult so new order takes months!! What a mess.
Valer

Post by Valer »

Jestot wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:57 am Thanks for your reply. We're thinking reject the car as not to spec ordered = breach of contract.
Trouble is finding another difficult so new order takes months!! What a mess.
And believe me,Vx and the dealer are well aware of that
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Try this one. My 72 plate auto ultimate has one of the dash switches that while switching ok isn’t illuminated but should be.
The dealer ordered a switch array including the Hazard switch that I am having an issue with. Today the part arrived and it has been found that it is a wiring harness issue with no repair available. While it might seam like a small issue this is a £35 K purchase do you think Vauxhall will do anything?
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

What switch is it?
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Hazard warning light switch