Plugin Hybrid full charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Bought my 2022 Grandie last November, the most it ever showed after a full charge was 18 miles even in warmer weather. If it showed 15 I would probably get about 20 which is still unacceptable, so for the last week it has been back with Eden Vauxhall who are excellent I might add. There was no fault found but they had got over 40 miles showing on a full charge albeit on a rolling road. I brought the car home and had 48 miles showing after a full charge. The fitter said the miles showing is a projection of the way it has been driven and the secret is in the heater and air con, I have to admit I thought this was BS but after driving around for 3 days with no air con or heater (okay you'll freeze your arse off) but the results are phenomenal, the mileage showed 42 miles after charge and I actually got 39 which I'm more than happy with, just wish they explained this when you buy the car. Hope this eases the minds of a few, it did mine as I was going to trade it in for another perrol turbo.

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I often preheat the car before taking off the charger so the electric to warm the car comes from the charger rather than the battery.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

jw021979 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:55 am I often preheat the car before taking off the charger so the electric to warm the car comes from the charger rather than the battery.
The charger drops out if I put the ignition on in mine?
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

You can set it off remotely using the app or have it come on at a certain time in the settings menu of the HVAC system

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post