Electrical circuit fault repair needed

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

I have had same light come on for 3 months now. My usual mechanic called vauxhall for advice and of course told it had to go to vauxhall dealer which I have done on 2 occasions and on both occasions they cant find the fault. Due to go back in tomorrow been told car could be in for 2-3 weeks. Has anyone had this repaired yet and reasons for it ? car works perfectly well drives very well just this annoying light

lbdino

Post by lbdino »

Had this for a few weeks intermittently, started after Halfords replaced the battery. Fault codes were all over the place, first part replaced was Battery Charge Status Module (attached to the positive terminal of the battery) which was suspected to have been damaged when battery replaced. This in turn had corrupted the battery control relay and which also needed replacing. This rectified the problem until the engine warmed up, then warning came up again. Turns out there was also a break in the cable that connects the battery charge status module so when the engine bay was hot the cable expanded and shorted. All good now!
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

Halfords had also had a look at my battery then after saying it was fine tried to start car and immobiliser hadn’t been reset took them 2 hours to reset had the circuit problem every since and also had all sorts of codes coming up with my usual mechanic getting rid of them all just 2 they couldn’t get reset after putting new battery in and as mentioned Vauxhall told them it would need to be done at VH dealer ! I’ve gave VH the codes but still can’t mend it so I’ll be taking screen shots of possible as the previous post sounds very similar to my issue
Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

Hi Folks, very interesting reading, When I see the "Battery Charge Status Module" mentioned a little light came on in my head NOT A WEE SPANNER LIGHT because when my battery is disconnected, to get the engine to run when the battery is connected again , all the faults have to be reset so if this unit isn't working correctly this maybe one of the problems. I sent an email to Vauxhall and did get a a case number from them and to my surprise a phone call from Vauxhall who listened to me intently of course he told me to take the car to my local dealer and if the fault can't be cleared to contact him again and they would open another case number, the car is going in on the 31st Oct so if I if find what the fault is I will post on here.
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

I took my car back into my VH dealer who was going to “try again” to get a fix. I went in with info from this forum and 4 hours later have been told the battery protection control unit needs replaced at a cost of £335 + £89 diagnostic charge. Considering I gave them the information as to what to look at think this is a bit expensive although I don’t know how much such a unit costs any ideas ?
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

Also can anyone give me an email address for VH so I can query this and maybe at least get the diagnostic charge wavered since they couldn’t fix without my information and that’s what I was told I was very helpful !
Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

I found this, https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/s ... itory_id=1 Sorry this is if you have reported a fault and hasn't been followed up.
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

UPDATE
Car still with dealer since Thursday, after giving all information I had gathered they finally came up with a diagnosis of damaged battery protection control unit. Was told be replaced the next day, swiftly followed by a call to say it would be Monday as part wasn't in Friday. Monday I had to call them at end of play to be told "oh the technician wasn't in today" so today I have called again to be told the intitial battery symbol circuit repair light has went out but the spanner is st6ilol showing orange so still no car coming home today and that will be a total of 9 days I have not had my car. very inconvenient and frustrating more so due to the fact my bill rising slowly but surely ! :!:
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

Increasingly frustrated with VH now and have reported to HO. The part I previously mentioned was fitted and electrical fault cleared however they send me away with a car that now has a EML coming on in its place and my eco button now stuck on illuminated. Have been told now needs a battery sensor module at a cost of £165 🫣 my usual mechanic has sourced this part at a fraction of the and will fit today but also could tell me the codes he had found were still on the car after VH telling me only one code ! He will fit the battery sensor and I will drive car over the weekend if it hasn’t cleared the code he will take part back out and refund my money and I will then take this further I have no doubt VH wouldn’t refund if it proves this part is not the solution
Lorrilal

Post by Lorrilal »

Update- I have threw in the towel and traded my grandland in. The battery sensor module made no difference at all and the car is now permanently on eco mode, EML on and auto stop button stuck. My local VH dealer absolutely useless car went in with 2 codes indicating BCM which he chose to ignore and car came out with 15 codes along with the 2 original codes it went in with. Not able to supply courtesy car and stated he had no idea what to do so complaint now been escalated by HO and intend to fight for some compensation for some of the £465 I handed over for “stab in the dark” theories that were of no use at all and I have lost £700 value of my car in trade in due to this however as I cannot be without a car I had to take the dunt and get rid. Will never buy VH again shame as the car itself drove well until they got hold of it

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post