Electrical circuit fault repair needed

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Highlightuk

Post by Highlightuk »

Approx 4 months after the fault light coming on, 6 weeks after the correct part was ordered, I dropped the car off this morning and got a call at about 1330 to say the car was ready to pick up. It made such a pleasant change to press the start button and for the car to start without the chime and the spanner light.

To reiterate, the garage changed the engine fuse/relay box, apparently this has intelligence built in to monitor the state of the relays and it was sending false data. My local dealer said that this was the third time they had had this fault hence Vauxhall paying 30% of the bill despite being out of warranty. Goodness knows how long it will last though, I have sort of lost confidence.

Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

Just an update on my problem, I have had the car into my local Vauxhall garage and they have found I need a new RELAY CONTROL UNIT, they have ordered it but say that it is on back order. I will let you all know when she is in good health
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Billmccan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:27 am Just an update on my problem, I have had the car into my local Vauxhall garage and they have found I need a new RELAY CONTROL UNIT, they have ordered it but say that it is on back order. I will let you all know when she is in good health
Thanks for keeping us updated Billmccan hopefully you wont have to wait too long.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Highlightuk

Post by Highlightuk »

Billmccan wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:27 am Just an update on my problem, I have had the car into my local Vauxhall garage and they have found I need a new RELAY CONTROL UNIT, they have ordered it but say that it is on back order. I will let you all know when she is in good health
Sounds like the same problem that I had, The replacement Relay controler took 6 weeks to arrive, not as bad as I had expected. It did fix the fault though and although I was out of warranty, VX made a contribution to the cost, which, considering you are experiencing the same thing, leads me to believe that it is a stock fault.

Good luck, I'm sure that it will work for you too.
petecarol

Post by petecarol »

Can I ask how much will the cost be for the relay control unit & fitting
Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

Hi guys, the latest about this problem car went into Allison Motors, Port William this morning and they replaced the Battery Backup control module, came back at about 5:30 and i have been out with the car and as yet all seems well, cost less than £400
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Billmccan wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:30 pm Hi guys, the latest about this problem car went into Allison Motors, Port William this morning and they replaced the Battery Backup control module, came back at about 5:30 and i have been out with the car and as yet all seems well, cost less than £400
Good to hear its hopefully fixed now.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:01 am
Billmccan wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:30 pm Hi guys, the latest about this problem car went into Allison Motors, Port William this morning and they replaced the Battery Backup control module, came back at about 5:30 and i have been out with the car and as yet all seems well, cost less than £400
Good to hear its hopefully fixed now.
TY
Tonks92

Post by Tonks92 »

I’ve just got this warning light on my grandland, no error codes after having it plugged in to a friends reader. He seems to think spark plugs but reading the comments I’m guessing it’s a relay control unit problem?

IMG_5127.jpeg

Bills Grandland

Post by Bills Grandland »

Had the same error. Changed battery 24hr later all good. Battery was 5 years old. Stop start also started working again. Happy days

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post