Grandland heated front screen.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Jonnyed

Post by Jonnyed »

Bought a new Grandland in March 2023, very happy with it until of some recent frost. Normally the car is parked in the garage, but on this one instance it was left outside. When I came to it in the morning the front windscreen was frozen, so pressed the heated button.
Button lights up, but nothing happening on the windscreen, only the blowers working.
It was due its first service today so took it to the dealer that we bought it off, Arnold Clark Winsford.
Told them the problem, they came back saying yes you have a heated screen and it's working! They said that it's a new type that you can't see the heating wires!

Can someone just confirm that you CAN actually see the wires, very faint I know? I think the garage is talking total garbage.

Sorry for the long post😊

Beta

Post by Beta »

We had our Grandland in December 2022, Ultimate Diesel, yes you can see the wires but they are very very faint, and it defrost the screen quite quickly. I had a Ford probably about 15 years ago that had a heated screen and the wires were more obvious on that.

When you say when you press the button only the blowers work are you sure you are pressing the correct button? There are two separate buttons, one to demist that increases the fan speed and concentrates on the screen and a separate button that defrosts.
Grandland Ultimate 1.5 diesel auto blue with black roof, ordered December 2021, picked up December 2022, yes 12 months.
Jonnyed

Post by Jonnyed »

Thanks for your reply, yes I'm pressing the right button!
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

If you have that facility installed, then the defrosting should start almost immediately. Also another way to test it, if the car is full of bodies and the screen starts to mist up, use that device to clear the screen, again it starts working in seconds. You’re welcome 🤣🤣
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post