ESP-ASR / Hillstart / tyre under inflation detection system fault

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
aecius

Post by aecius »

Hi, I have a problem with my 68 Grandland TD.
Every time I switch the key I get this error.
I have a wee OBD2 error reader that show that car has no error. Also called RAC and they guy had his more sophisticated OBD2 error reader with the form of a tablet and that showed no error. He did a trick by disconnecting battery for few seconds and then started car okay. I thought that is it. I was happy that has been fixed.
But next month same error came back and I tried the battery trick but that only lasted few days. Now I get the error every time I turn the key.

However engine starts okay and there is no sign of any problems. I revved it up to 2-2 1/2 rpm and the hand stayed still in one position without going up or down.

I was thinking it could be a battery but checked my battery with multimeter and that shows 12.3V , 12.4V when engine running. So I guess this is not it.

Car is able to drive very short distance maybe 10 yards then cuts power and engine completely stops.

I recently I changed all the filters that including fuel and oil filter.

Car is going to be seen by mechanics in Larbert (Central Sctoland) and it must be towed.

I would be thankful for any suggestions and if you had (have had) same issue please also state what it was.

I made a wee video about the errors and me trying to drive the car for short distance:

Thank you

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I am no expert but the tyre underinflation uses the wheel speed sensors the same as the ABS system and as you have issues with both of those systenms it may be a problem with the wheel speed sensors.
mattyp26

Post by mattyp26 »

Hi there,

Just washed my car this morning and having the exact same issue - same fault codes showing!

Very stressed at the minute as it is a leased car and due to be returned today!

Did you get any answers to this from your dealership? (Please tell me it is an easy and cheap fix)

Thnks again,
Matty

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post