Help!

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
TiredArcher

Post by TiredArcher »

Recently purchased a Grandland Ultimate 2023 1.2 petrol car. All was great for a day or two, until I had to get on the ferry. The lovely men on the Ferry alerted me to my alarm going off, took the keys and deactivated the alarm. Unfortunately this seems to have also deactivated the feature where it locks when I walk away and my automatic wipers now have to be turned off and on again every time I get in the car before they will activate.

If anyone could provide an idiot's guide as to how to turn these features back on it would be much appreciated, the manual is of little help and the garage where I purchased the car is a 14 hr ferry and 200 mile drive away. I really don't care whether the alarm works or not, but I do like the auto lock and wipers working!

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I didn't think Grandlands auto lock when walking away. I have keyless entry and have to press the button to lock the doors.
Mine does the same with auto wipers. You have to turn it off and put it back on every time you restart.
TiredArcher

Post by TiredArcher »

Mine defibately did auto lock a few times before the ferry men turned off the alarm. I tested it a few times as my son thought it was cool to watch it lock. He is easily amused 🤣
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

Hi, I’m on my second Grandlandx, both with keyless entry and neither of them self locked. I always just touch the handle and then it locks. I always know it’s locking because I hear the door mirrors folding. I’m not doubting your statement, as it may well be a newer feature on later models, but knowing Vauxhall and the fact that they are discontinuing the Grandland soon for a new Fronterra and much to my chagrin, they never even fitted indicators into the door mirrors, (I almost put wing mirrors 🤣🤣), I’d be surprised if they spend any more on the spec. It’s only something more to go wrong ☹️☹️.
Daveb1089
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
Yankee

Post by Yankee »

Hello, anyone help with the removal of front bumper to swap my top grille. Hit a pheasant and as you see my grille lost. It is straight forward to remove? Thanks

20240107_095128.jpg