Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Anyone having Stop / Start issues as the function on my Grandland stopped working so I took it to the retailer 6 days ago and it was due to the battery capacity being 30%. So they electrically conditioned the battery (discharge and recharge) and now after six days the issue has returned.
Any ideas?

Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Grandland now in dealer for the second time took in yesterday and they are raising a question for technical
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Now had new battery fitted and the fault has been ok for a couple of weeks now so keep the remedy in mind lol
busabliss

Post by busabliss »

I went to Spain for 8 days, and left the Grandland on the drive. For the first couple of days after my return, the stop/start was not working. I guess the battery needs a certain level to allow the feature.
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

Hi, are we talking about this ECO mode ,cos today I have noticed mine did not stop today it just flashed the A light on the dash, I wish it told you which it not happy with! In the handbook it says "The ambient temperature is not too low" ? What is low ? Cheers
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
Grandlad

Post by Grandlad »

Rather like others I noticed that sometimes the start/stop wouldn't operate at the beginning of a journey but after a while would begin to operate. On other occasions it would operate right from the start. A bit of observation suggests an answer. If the climate control is set to 'auto' then start/stop operates when the target temperature has been achieved. If the climate control is not set to 'auto' then start/stop operates all the time ECO is set. I think this must be because of conflicting demands for electrical power and if there is any doubt about whether there is enough then stop/start is inhibited. With climate control in 'auto' the demand for power is variable and unpredictable.
Has any one else seen the same?
Grandland Hybrid4 Ultimate. Moonstone Grey, uprated charger.
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

I've noticed inconsistencies with it as well. I always have the climate set to Auto (temperature may vary) so not sure if this makes a difference or not, but what I have noticed is sometimes when I stop, I'll put the car in neutral and release the clutch and the A flashes but the car stays on. If you then depress and release the clutch, it checks the stop/start again and sometimes it goes into Eco mode, and sometimes not. I've had occasions where after 3 or 4 clutch press/release it then decides to go into Eco mode after refusing the first couple of times.
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Cardrossjim

Post by Cardrossjim »

If battery is below 75% charged stop/ start won't work so you won't flatten the battery when lights / heater are on and engine is not running .its a safety thing so you won't flatten the battery
satellitemandaz

Sounds like it will work best in summer ?
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
satellitemandaz

Grandlad wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:22 am Rather like others I noticed that sometimes the start/stop wouldn't operate at the beginning of a journey but after a while would begin to operate. On other occasions it would operate right from the start. A bit of observation suggests an answer. If the climate control is set to 'auto' then start/stop operates when the target temperature has been achieved. If the climate control is not set to 'auto' then start/stop operates all the time ECO is set. I think this must be because of conflicting demands for electrical power and if there is any doubt about whether there is enough then stop/start is inhibited. With climate control in 'auto' the demand for power is variable and unpredictable.
Has any one else seen the same?
I pulled up and turned everything off , even pressed the brakes hard to get the most vacuum, still nothing, but the battery is worth looking into as the car only does 4-5 miles a day ,2 miles x2 so when I use it the battery may be low?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post