Retro fit front screen heating button - is that even possible

The place to discuss everything else..
HS10

Post by HS10 »

Hi All,

Unfortunately my car doesn't have the front screen heating button (or the right windscreen of course).

I am now thinking, if this is something it's possible to retro fit? I would need of course to change teh windscreen entirely, but wondering if it's even possible to add the button in the first place?

I bought my grandland second hand, and it's the main thing I miss in the car, just followed by having a rear camera. But now in winter, I could really use the front windscreen heating to defrost my windscreen.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey HS10

It might be worth contacting Vxmods as he does retrofits of Genuine Vauxhall parts and accessories he is on this forum and has a website aswell. He retrofitted a genuine reversing camera for me.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
HS10

Post by HS10 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:13 pm Hey HS10

It might be worth contacting Vxmods as he does retrofits of Genuine Vauxhall parts and accessories he is on this forum and has a website aswell. He retrofitted a genuine reversing camera for me.
He doesn't mention it in his page, but worth asking.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HS10 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:16 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:13 pm Hey HS10

He doesn't mention it in his page, but worth asking.
👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

I know with Fords the wiring loom is in place and you have to have a the screen replaced and you just fit 1 relay and the switch. Ford thought it was easier and more economical to use the same wiring loom now’s the question how can you tell if your loom has the facility for a heated screen my former 19 plate Tech line did not but my 23 plate Ultimate has .
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Now thats a question to pose, you would think whilst all the cars are on the production line going down all things being the same, then the panels get fitted for the AC etc. with the buttons, so the barcode would say yes and they fit that panel or no and they fit a different one, but the wiring is their then along to the windscreen fitters and same thing, heated element one fitted or plain one fitted.

Dont really think well know but VX Mods might have a better idea than most, also the cost of the heated element screens will not be cheap either.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post