Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

huffy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:34 am After a couple more tries, the update downloaded on my MAC and now installed on the car, not driven it yet but don't expect to see any changes.

PeteW
My car is the plug in hybrid, so I have the car turned on in electric mode "Ready". Only problem in doing it this way is that after 10 minutes it drops out of "Ready" and has just "ignition on", so I have to "start" the car again. I did question this behaviour in a post when I first got the car, but received no replies.
For me this update took about 30 minutes.

I’ve only just joined this forum and so far I’m finding lack of interest also, which isn’t great considering that’s what these forums are all about and interaction on helping. If I find anything out I’ll let you know.

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

You have to leave the car running as in started up, not just the ignition on (they have a fail-safe battery drain) on them to stop you from flattening the battery) all whilst updating the system and any map updates.

My last update took 45mins whilst the maps updated (V24 last I did)

The S/S won't also kick in either.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
huffy

Post by huffy »

As I said, my car is the plug in hybrid and under normal conditions "starts" in Electric mode (Ready).
Under certain conditions or if the traction battery starts to get low the engine will then start.
However, if I the car in electric mode, but don't drive it for about 10 minutes, rather than starting the engine, which I would expect, it drops out of 'Ready" and to ignition on.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Jw427 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:27 am You have to leave the car running as in started up, not just the ignition on (they have a fail-safe battery drain) on them to stop you from flattening the battery) all whilst updating the system and any map updates.

My last update took 45mins whilst the maps updated (V24 last I did)

The S/S won't also kick in either.

Explain again in laymen terms. I get the engine needs to be running. If the engine is running it wouldn’t drain the battery anyway right. So again, engine running in idol will this cause any damage to the car?
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

I also have a plug in hybrid and although the car invariably starts in 'electric' mode, I found that by selecting 'hybrid' when updating maps or infotainment, the vehicle remains 'running' throughout the update. Whether running on battery or switching to the engine. It decides.
This will not damage the engine.
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

I did my PHEV update on Battery, I only had about 20% too and it completed fine.

I'll probaby go for Hybrid mode when I update the maps today
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

Further to my reply above, and that of Baronoli.

I have also just done a software update on battery alone, albeit the selector was in hybrid, The engine did not kick in and the update took circa 35 minutes
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Did the update on my Hybrid yesterday. Left it turned on to ready, when the ready went off after about 10 minutes I just restarted it.
The only thing I have found since the update is that I keep getting "obstacle close" when on the motorway today when behind another car. I wasn't that close "definitely over the 2 second rule. Not ever had it come up before.
agdw

Post by agdw »

Hi Pete, I'm also new to this forum; I just bought a 69 reg Grandland. I came here because I have the exact same problem as you - neither the phone app or the MyVauxhall app on my computer is showing any available downloads.

I'm not looking to update the maps, as I use my iPhone's GoogleMaps with CarPlay, but I do want to update the firmware, as I find the greyed-out text hard to read. There are lots of mentions in posts of system software which corrects this, but every link I've clicked on takes me to a non-existent file.

Can you (or anyone else reading this) point me to a functioning link to update, please? It's so annoying; I know what radio station I'm on, but can't read what on earth the song is! If it's a composite file with both maps and firmware, that's fine too.

Thanks,

Al.
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Hi Al. I managed to do the software for the radio. All it does is makes the temp white and not grey. The what song is playing is still grey but the radio station above this is white. So the update in my opinion is naff for having to sit in the car for 45 minutes with the engine running just to see the temp in white. The maps I still have in the pen drive but there’s no way I’m updating that for another 45 minutes sat in the car with the engine running. Absolutely bizarre how Vauxhall / Peugeot think that’s acceptable with an engine running in the background, but give the cars a stop/ start feature 🙄😂😂 I don’t seem to have updates showing on the app any longer, and again the app isn’t the best thing in the world either and unsure why these are not here any more, I can only think because I’ve already downloaded them, the app now thinks I’m on the new firmwares. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post