Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
trevsoup@aol.com

Post by trevsoup@aol.com »

2018 model it almost eating them, put one on front right 05 May this year and in less that one month it had broken again. talking to local auto accessory shops and they inform me they cannot keep supply up with demant for them, very bad design seems to be the culprit to blame.

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

trevsoup@aol.com wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am 2018 model it almost eating them, put one on front right 05 May this year and in less that one month it had broken again. talking to local auto accessory shops and they inform me they cannot keep supply up with demant for them, very bad design seems to be the culprit to blame.
If the battery has only lasted 2 months you should get a replacement under its warranty. What make battery did you get?
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

trevsoup@aol.com wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:24 am my 2018 model has never worked despite the battery being at 90 % and even after trickle charging for 12 hours. my local Vauxhall garage insists the battery is at fault.
Mine was the same car never missed a beat started on the button and all worked fine then one day. nothing and every message and whistle, beep sounded. replaced the battery and worked all fine.

If it's the same battery from the new then I would get it changed out. Try locking or opening a window or electronic hand brake off/on when the battery goes, can't even move it, oh and don't put a window down like i did, as it will not go back up, DOH
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

jw021979 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:33 am
trevsoup@aol.com wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:26 am 2018 model it almost eating them, put one on front right 05 May this year and in less that one month it had broken again. talking to local auto accessory shops and they inform me they cannot keep supply up with demant for them, very bad design seems to be the culprit to blame.
If the battery has only lasted 2 months you should get a replacement under its warranty. What make battery did you get?
Definitely issue on the battery if they are dying that quick and will be a warranty on them too
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post