Changing wheels

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Mairod

Post by Mairod »

When I clean my car I have great difficulty in getting to the back of the wheel. Excuse my ignorance but as the vehicle does not come with a jack I have to presume that Vauxhall don't want you to take off the wheels yourself. My question is if I get a puncture which shreds my tyre how do I get to the nearest garage or does it mean an expensive tow truck job which could cost me the earth? Any help on this subject would be gratefully accepted.

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Most cars now come with a 'Get you to garage' can of tyre weld, but no jack at all, only an air pump (also to note that tyre weld has a use by date on it too, so when you come to use it in say a 4 or 5 year old car, it maybe out of date and useless??, but as you've said, if the tyre is shredded you cant of course use this as it will be of no use, so its a SOS to one of the rescue services for you and a tow.

Or look as some owners have(I did) for a spare wheel and the kit so better peace of mind
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Mairod

Post by Mairod »

Thank you jw427. Am I able to jack up the car to remove a wheel myself and if so what type of jack must I use i.e. trolley...scissor or indeed a specific type of jack?
markb

Post by markb »

Looking at the manual it is they type of jack that allows the welded pieces to slip into the centre slot