Jump Start disables car

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
GXE

Post by GXE »

Hi, my first post for a while (previous one related to Cambelt replacement after 34,000 miles).
Tried to jump start a friend but my Grandland conked out and would not start. After about an hour managed to get restarted but orange spanner light permanently on dashboard.
Vauxhall undertook diagnostic that cost me £98 and advised that with a start/stop battery this is the case. But I said as far as I am aware there is no warning about this in the owners manual. BEWARE!

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

There isnt a warning not to do it as you say.

I have just looked in the Handbook and there is a step by step process on how it should be done for the Grandland X.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

I've just had mine jump started by the AA, it started OK. However, once I lifted the red tab and realised that it was a quick release and pushed it back down, then the car would not start, looked in the hand book could not see anything in there, rung VX and they said we can send an engineer round, I said NO THANKS, watched a YouTube video and they said lock up the car have a coffee then try again, to my surprise it worked, just had a new battery fitted by Halfords and the same thing happened ,they didn't have a clue, I told them to lock the car and try again and it started ok.
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post