iPhone text messages

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Dough66

Post by Dough66 »

Hi All
After more advice please.
How do you activate your text messages to appear on the digital display. I’ve just picked up my new Grandland Ultimate 1.5 Auto.
I’m trolled through my iPhone settings but can’t see anything obvious. They worked with my old Mokka but I’m currently stumped!

Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

Have you connected Apple Car Play via the cable (its not wireless) then you can see the messages in the app on the media screen (I do this with my Android phone via Android Auto) then use Hey Google or press the steering wheel button to send messages or reply to incoming
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Dough66

Post by Dough66 »

Hi thank you for your response.
I connected Apple Car Play and guessed that is the only option although not tested a text message yet.
My old Mokka displayed the text on the sat nav display which you could either read or listen to via Bluetooth !
Disappointing to pay over £30k for a car and the technology has taken a backward step.
However when a text message is received using Bluetooth my digital display pings and if I press various menus it tells me I have a new message. Not ideal if you don’t hear the quiet text alert!
I will play around with car play to see how the steering wheel buttons allow me to accept and reply.
Appreciate your help
Melissa_Sargent

Post by Melissa_Sargent »

I’d definitely check all of your settings as I’ve just recently picked up the new Grandland Ultimate and texts come through & are also read out loud. The only issue I have, is that the volume when messages do come through & are read to me are really quiet.
HeldiGill

Post by HeldiGill »

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to built-in feature never for auto-replying to all text messages on your iPhone. However, there are a couple of workarounds you can consider depending on your situation:
1. Auto-Reply with Driving Focus:-
-This is the closest you can get to a general auto-reply. When enabled, Driving Focus sends an automated response to those texting you while the focus mode is on.
  • Go to Settings > Focus.
    • Tap on Driving.
      • Toggle on Auto-Reply. You can also customize the message sent in the Auto-Reply section.

-Important Note: This only works for people in your Favorites list or those who have notifications allowed while Driving Focus is on.

2. Scheduled Text with Shortcuts App (iOS 13 and later):-
        -This method lets you send a pre-written text message at a scheduled time. It's not exactly an auto-reply, but it can be useful if you know you'll be unavailable for a certain period.
        • You'll need to use the Shortcuts app to create this automation. The process involves setting a time trigger and then using the "Send Message" action.

-While not a direct reply, it can notify someone you'll respond when you're free. Follow for more effective assistance below.