GLX now gone

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

Hello everyone,

My leased Grandland X was returned the other day. I had it from new for nearly 4 and half years. I have decided to move to another brand. I have bought numerous new and a couple of used Vauxhall’s since 1987. Most of these cars have had no or only minor issues, which were easily fixed by the local dealer. The Grandland was my first ever leased vehicle, which I did really like and enjoyed. Obviously modern vehicles have so much technology in them now.

The first year was mainly trouble free, but it was around the one year point, I wondered if the stop / start was working correctly. My previous brand new 14 plate insignia’s stop / start only ever worked the first few weeks and then rarely ever worked after this. The garage in my mind kept fobbing me off with things like “you shouldn’t use the A/C”. Therefore, I was determined not to be fobbed off with this vehicle like I had been with my insignia. In total over a period of more than 18 months with 25 days in total of the vehicle being in the dealership and getting Vauxhall CEO office involved, they eventually replaced the battery. This does seem to have solved the problem.

I also noticed after the vehicle was around a year old, that the rear brakes were not wearing as they should. Eventually at 3 years old, the dealership told me the rear discs and pads were badly corroded and should be replaced at my expense, the front ones were all good. I wasn’t happy, as to me the wear on the rear was abnormal. My dealership and Vauxhall had parted company, so I was left with no local dealership. With the help of the Vauxhall CEO office I eventually travelled some distance to another dealer who was more than helpful and got Vauxhall to agree to replacing the rear discs and pads.

With the current situation regarding supply parts for new cars I would have been happy to purchase the vehicle and use it until I found a replacement vehicle. The terms of my lease would not allow me to purchase the vehicle. I have now found a replacement vehicle, therefore the Grandland has gone with just 28,000 miles on the clock and one careful as one can be keeper.

I was also worried about the dreaded wet belt issue and did not fancy yet another round with Vauxhall customer service. I do like the look of the new shape Grandland but with them reducing the specification on the vehicle I decided to look elsewhere. In particular I did like the dipping wing mirrors when reverse gear was selected. I also think it was a great idea to have the rear day running lights too which very few other cars have.

New Feb 1987 Astra 1.3 Antibes (blue)
New Nov 1988 Cavalier 1.6 GL (Red)
New Aug 1990 Cavalier 2.0 GLi (red)
New Aug 1992 Astra 2.0 GSi (blue)
Used Cavalier 1.6LX
Used Cavalier 2.0 SRi
New Apr 2004 Vectra 2.2 SRi (Silver Lightning)
New Mar 2010 Insignia 1.8 SRi (Technical Grey)
New Mar 2014 Insignia 1.4 Limited Edition (Sapphire Black)
Leased Oct 2018 Grandland X Elite 1.2T (Diamond Black) specifically ordered with no panoramic roof

I wish you all, the very best with your Grandland
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for letting us know shame you wont have a Grandland X but good luck with your new car 👍🏻.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator