picked up new grandland ultimate but a couple of issues.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
gjm

Post by gjm »

Hi.

I FINALLY picked up my new grandland ultimate on thursday and i am quite impressed with it.

However having a issue with high beam assist, it turns on ok when no cars coming other way etc but doesnt seem to turn off if a car is coming the other way.

Also I cannot find the rear usb port, I have 230v plug socket etc, but theres no usb port. ive looked all over and cannot find it, is it hidden or missing.

Apart from these 2 it is a great car.

jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

High beam assist sounds like it's faulty. It should automatically turn off full beam when the high beam assist is turned on unless you activate full beam.
The rear usb should be above the 230v socket. If it's not there it may have not been fitted so Vauxhall can save a few quid.
SCRUMPYBOY

Post by SCRUMPYBOY »

Hi, I also picked mine up the other day and my main beam does the same, however I think the beam is directed away from on coming traffic as no one has flashed or tried to blind me.
Bigrobxxx

Post by Bigrobxxx »

Hi I have a 22 plate ultimate and it does exactly the same
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

High Beam Assist should work with the camera behind the rear view mirror as is senses the headlights coming other way (as also sees red rear lights of cars in front so doesn't come on) so maybe the camera is faulty or the glass is dirty??
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

SCRUMPYBOY wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:47 am Hi, I also picked mine up the other day and my main beam does the same, however I think the beam is directed away from on coming traffic as no one has flashed or tried to blind me.
That's is exactly. The light is directed away from oncoming drivers or cars in front but the rest of the beam stays on full. It's a tremendous system.
mac9058

Post by mac9058 »

@Gim

Im guessing your new grandland is an auto

It seems the auto does have the 240v invertor but not the usb port...........on mine which is manual transmission theres neither invertor or usb
Grandad one

Post by Grandad one »

When I got home from picking up new Vauxhall ultimate I noticed no usb’s or 3 pin plug in back seats, phoned Vauxhall salesman who did paperwork but suspiciously never did walk though when I picked up car. I told him, his words, “ funny some are turning up some usb’s and plug in back some are not” I would not have accepted car if I’d known these features plus 12v in boot missing wasn’t fitted. I paid for them. Vauxhall don’t seem bothered, no offer of reduction of price of car. Has anyone got any advice which would help please
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

Hello. Yes the high beam indicator on the dash stays blue but the actual beam from the car puts any vehicle in front in a dipped beam mode.
I have had issues with the auto headlights were a fault kept appearing on the car. I took mine in to get mud flaps fitted and they did a software update which stops the headlight adjustment fault randomly appearing on the dashboard.
Hope that helps

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post