1.2 Turbo - correct oil

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

A number of people, under various topics, have been enquiring as to which oil type had been used at their last service. My 1.2 turbo (2019 EB2ADTS engine) is recommended to use Dexos1 gen2 oil in the supplied manual which was printed in October 2018. The Dexos1 gen2 specification has been granted to a host of oil manufacturers for oils ranging from 0W-20 to 5W-30.

However, I noticed that in all subsequent manuals to mine, the recommended oil for this engine is different. To clarify this apparent discrepancy I have contacted Vauxhall Customer Care and they have responded that their database shows SAE 0W-20 as the currently recommended oil. The later manuals suggest Vauxhall specification B71 2010 0W-20 or B71 2312 0W-30 oil. Hopefully this information will clarify the correct oil for earlier owners of this engine.

Epochking72

Post by Epochking72 »

I have been recently advised to use 0w20, PSA B71 2010 engine oil.
Trying to get hold of 0w20 with the psa of B71 2010 is another matter.
Halfords have it on their website but on their website only, their stores on the other hand don’t.
In their stores they have it but nowhere on the bottles does it say B71 2010, which made me very reluctant to buy.
The labels do indeed differ from one another, from their website and stores.
They have many other brands of 0W20 in Halfords but none that I could see, has that specific PSA, which Vauxhall Regency in Elgin,Scotland said, “has” to have.
I’ve had to buy online from England and if I get no problems from it, will stock up on it.