Exit interview

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

After 3 & a bit years & 24,300 miles I have traded in my Grandland X.

It has exceeded my expectations for reliability, performance, economy & comfort - a joy to drive! The only reason for not buying another is the long term reliability concern of the wet timing belt.

Thank you to the forum members for help & entertainment since I ordered my Grandland X in October 2018.

After an 8 month wait my new Toyota Rav4 Hybrid has been delivered.

Take care,
Chris
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Vainona70 a shame to see you go. Thanks for your input on the Forum and good luck in the new Toyota.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

Vainona70 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:39 pm After 3 & a bit years & 24,300 miles I have traded in my Grandland X.

It has exceeded my expectations for reliability, performance, economy & comfort - a joy to drive! The only reason for not buying another is the long term reliability concern of the wet timing belt.

Thank you to the forum members for help & entertainment since I ordered my Grandland X in October 2018.

After an 8 month wait my new Toyota Rav4 Hybrid has been delivered.

Take care,
Chris
This is interesting to myself.

I currently got a Grandland X 69 plate with a GS Line on order, been delayed twice.

I also am concerned with the Wet Timing Belt, does the Rav 4 not have the Wet Timing Belt?

DaPa
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

To be honest, I don't know if the Rav4 HEV has a belt or chain. A quick google search wasn't conclusive.

All the 'due diligence' I did before ordering the Rav4 did not raise any concerns over reliability. When I ordered the Grandland in October 2018 the PSA PureTech engine timing belt issues were supposed to have been resolved with an improved belt.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)