A week of Grandland X Hybrid 4 ownership

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

I have had my Grandland X Hybrid4 SRi for just over a week and so far can honestly say I'm loving it. Heres my initial thoughts on it:
It goes like a bat out of hell! Loveing the instant torque from the electric motors. One thing that lets it down is the auto box. The box can be slow to kick down when running on petrol and holds gears to long, I have had to use the paddles to change gear a couple of times as it kicked down into third and then wouldn't change up when it should.
The sat nav is definately better than it was on my 2016 Astra K, Vauxhall are releasing sat nav updates whereas the Astra was stuck on 2019 maps. The infotainment could do with being a little bit more intersesting to look at as its just plain black and white. One thing I miss that my Astra had was the ability to see the radio stations on the mid level display by the speedo.
As far as the Hybrid system I'm getting about 28 to 30 miles on purely electric motors. It often says its down to 0 miles left but then wont start using the petrol engine for another few miles. I did a 240 mile round trip (mostly motorway) and the trip computer says it averaged 70MPG which I won't complain about. Most of my driving is local so it will be using electricity most of the time, especially as I have just had a charging point installed at home.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update. Great to see your enjoying your new car.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
jw021979

Post by jw021979 »

Just had charging point installed at home and surprised to see it charging at 6.5kw. looks like my car has the upgraded charging port.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post