firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

I have tried to download the Vauxhall Update software but it needs 64bit windows i only have 32bit. Can someone advise how i can get the update files so I can update my sat nav the old way. The compressed files do not seem to be available any more

Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

Assuming you have tried the old links mentioned on this forum without success, I can only suggest that you beg the use of someone else's 64 bit machine for an hour or so. As a guide it took me about an hour to download both the latest map and system build at a line bit speed of 25Mbits/S, but of course, this is conditional on the speed that the far end server deems to operate at i.e. inherent speed/number of users/etc. I do believe that the My Vauxhall process is much preferred over the earlier methods. Not only is it significantly easier for the less sophisticated computer users, it also seems to provide better compatibility between the map and system build - see my experience just above. If you've already registered with Vauxhall then your VIN will be known to them, otherwise don't forget to have it to hand!
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

I have just downloaded and installed the new R22 maps via Vauxhall update software.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
HS10

Post by HS10 »

Hi All,

I'trying to update my touch screen software and maps but can't manage to do so. I've used Vauxhall app to download the update software and maps for my grandland version. R22 and 21.08.87.32_nac-r1,however I keep getting media error (no content in media) and version not compatible with hardware...

I've already tried in 3 different USB, using a Windows and mac and nothing.

One of the USB was brand new, just got it today, from SanDisk.
I've tried Toshiba, Kingsley and SanDisk...

Any ideas on what should I do next?

Next I'm going to try in a 4th USB... If doesn't work I will try to download just the maps and see if it works and after that the hardware update.
HS10

Post by HS10 »

HS10 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:46 pm Hi All,

I'trying to update my touch screen software and maps but can't manage to do so. I've used Vauxhall app to download the update software and maps for my grandland version. R22 and 21.08.87.32_nac-r1,however I keep getting media error (no content in media) and version not compatible with hardware...

Next I'm going to try in a 4th USB... If doesn't work I will try to download just the maps and see if it works and after that the hardware update.
Quick update, managed to update both maps and hardware, but needed to install maps first and hardware update after.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HS10 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:40 am

Quick update, managed to update both maps and hardware, but needed to install maps first and hardware update after.
Its good to hear its working now thanks for letting us know.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

The Europe map update 23.0.0-r0 Wave 2 is now showing available on the Vauxhall update.

It took about 40 minutes to install.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
HS10

Post by HS10 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:54 pm
HS10 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:40 am

Its good to hear its working now thanks for letting us know.
Still working fine. Anyone knows how to remove the alerts? Somehow I've turned them on thinking it would alert me for danger on the roads, but it just added a red triangle to the screen.
Daveregis

Post by Daveregis »

After downloading vauxhall update onto my laptop and opening a failled numerous times to enter VIN number after searching online here simple answer was second charter was not letter O its zero ( 0 ).
Downloading of each file takes around 30 minutes.
I believe they then have to be unzipped onto USB stick.
martinianpaul

Post by martinianpaul »

Hi. I've totally given up on trying to get the Vauxhall or Opel apps to download the SatNav software.

Someone mentioned they download the update directly from the TomTom website. Does anyone have the link, and can confirm it works?

Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post