NEW GRANDLAND ELITE/DELIVERY TIMES..

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Buggy1967

Post by Buggy1967 »

I ordered my Grandland Elite in December 2021 and was given a delivery date of around July2021. Ive not been told any information about free upgrades to Ultimate model. In fact I've been told the opposite. I would get a lower spec car. As a mobility customer I'm thinking of cancelling the order and going elsewhere.

Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

Not sure of your location or who the dealer is but personally if they refuse I would cancel the order then re order a Ultimate .
Buggy1967

Post by Buggy1967 »

I'm in the Black Country and my mobility advisor is looking into this further and getting back to me when he finds out more information. But I agree if I don't get the spec I want or a free upgrade. I will cancel
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

I’m sure you will be fine my salesman told me there’s such a shortage of new cars they can sell above manufacturers price he even pointed out to the forecourt and said there’s half a dozen used cars with above new price.
premkn

Post by premkn »

After my last update 5 days ago from the Executive Support Manager, I've had a text and email from my dealership today: "You new car has an anticipated arrival date to us of week commencing 6th June 2022" and then an email from dealership to say

"We have checked on the system and a few other Grandland orders placed before yours and they are being built to their original specification. I have just double checked on your order and it does appear it is being built as it’s original Elite specification"

After expressing my dismay, a further response:

"Production has started at the factory of the new Grandland and we received our first Launch Allocation on Thursday and our understanding is that they’re building these vehicles first before they start the production on the sold vehicles, the additional delay on these vehicles was caused due to the long lead time originally which collided with a model change and also the movement of the factory at Vauxhall, however Vauxhall have been good as although the price of these vehicles have increased, they have held the price of the sold orders as have we in terms of the trade in prices and Vauxhall have also honoured the interest rates which have since increased. At this stage if we were to ask Vauxhall to change to a different specification to manufacturer as it is confirmed as they are making a batch of Elite models to match the sold orders, they would remove the price protection as they haven’t sold the Ultimate at the previous price and the latest price would apply, it would also mean you’d move onto the new marketing programmes which aren’t as attractive as the previous and the interest rates are higher, so whilst there is no added benefit in terms of model upgrade, there is also no disadvantage at this stage. The positive thing is we have a firm date for production of these vehicles, which actually isn’t as far as some 8-9 weeks which includes shipping and handling time of 3 weeks. With regards to the finance extension, interestingly this is the only one we’ve had to administer, and we are happy to contact them today and advise them of the likely delivery date.
I’m sorry that you feel disappointed, however having seen the new vehicles now I’m sure you will be thrilled once they arrive and it will be well worth the wait."

"I will place a copy of this email to Vauxhall now and get back to you.
I understand how you feel, these are strange times and we are doing the best we can keeping you updated with all we know.
We will certainly ask Vauxhall with these notes, in the meantime would you like us to arrange the extension? "

FYI my PCP deal on my current Astra K ran out in December, (should have received the car in November, that what was sold to me), then Vauxhall Finance granted me a 3 month extension, paying the same monthly figure, which has now finished, so they have to extend again. I will probably need to get another 6 months Tax, as it finished in June.

So lets see what Vauxhall say and i will probably get in touch with the Executive dealing with my case.

Highly frustrating, don't feel valued as a loyal customer. Fed up!.
gjm

Post by gjm »

They now saying july :( i suspect it will be even longer as ultimates need extra 10 weeks build time.
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

We ordered new grandland in September 20021 with a delivery date of December 21 to February 22. That date came and went,we was then after contacting vauxhall given a date of 22nd April 22.
On the 18th April 22 I rang vauxhall in Bolton to be told the salesman is off for the week and they have had no transporters arrive. I then rang customer service who said they couldn't give further information as this is down to the dealership.
I understand there is a shortage of semi conductors and also the current climate, but we shouldn't be chasing it should be up to the dealer to contact the customer and keep them updated.
Come on vauxhall it's a matter of courtesy.
Shauns65

Post by Shauns65 »

I would cancel my order and just go buy a stock one, i test drove my Ultimate Grandland on Friday last week and picked it up Wednesday, there are several stock ones on Autotrader, 2 at one dealer in Slough
jordan681

Post by jordan681 »

Hi all,

I ordered a Grandland Elite 1.2 Auto in December through the Motability Scheme, to date I am still waiting for my vehicle, I am in contact with my dealership, all be it I'm the one making phone calls, and have been told the delivery date of my vehicle is 99/99/9999 as entered by the Vauxhall factory.

My concern is that 2 weeks after i ordered my car, Vauxhall changed the spec levels of the Grandland range. Does anyone know if they will supply the vehicle I actually ordered or will it be an alternative vehicle, I have tried to get an answer from my dealer and Vauxhall customer services, but no one will answer the question.

I find it highly frustrating that Vauxhall would accept an order for a vehicle they knew they would not be building anymore...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Paul
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi jordan681 (Paul) and Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Have you tried to contact the Vauxhall CEO office as they normally can get more information if Vauxhall customer service fails.
Some members on the forum have found the same issue as you and when the Vehicle has turned up it does not have the features they ordered due to spec changes and the parts/chips shortages,
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post