Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Chalk716

Post by Chalk716 »

Hi All,

I had the same issues since buying my Grandland X (18 plate) back in October. History of the car is:
Bought Oct 20 with 5700 miles on the clock and serviced 3 times by a Vauxhall dealer. The car has everything automatic, all I really do is point it which is what I wanted..

The first issue was a warning on the dash saying Battery Low. This was intermittent. It went to the dealer, they could not find a fault.
The second issue was an Electrical Circuit Fault. I took a picture of this and went bac to the dealer. Again no fault registered.
The third issue, the Stop/Start never worked while I had the car. Again, back to the dealer. This fault did register and a new Stop/Start module was fitted.

Hoping this would cure the car, how wrong I was. The Electrical Circuit Fault came back. The dealer was informed and they did say bring it straight in if it comes on again which I did.

A history of faults was found by one of the Techies and quite a few new ones. I was told they need to keep the car for at least a week to properly diagnose. I was happy for them to do this as they gave me a courtesy car.

One week stretched into two. I called them to find out what's going on and this was the answer:

Stop/Start works fine. New module OK.
A new Battery Voltage Sensor Module was ordered and fitted. This fixed the low battery warning.
On the test drive a new fault appeared on the Engine Management System. This was the delay. A new ECU was ordered and fitted.

The Grandland now runs fine. Everything works as it should (fingers crossed). The Stop/Start works when conditions dictate, as I'm only doing short journeys I'd assume the battery is below 75% it's not operating now. A road trip to Scotland is imminent so time will tell.

Luckily this did not cost me a penny as I had extended the warranty 3 years. My advise, persist with the dealer, don't let up. I hope this post will help with anyone experiencing similar issues.

I'll post any findings after the road trip. This will be around 2000 miles so the battery should be fully charged!!

Thanks Guys

Chalk.
Grandland X Sports Nav. 1.6 TDI

Chalk716

Post by Chalk716 »

Hi, me again.

I'm waiting for a full report from the dealer. Once I get this I will post on here.

Thanks Guys

Chalk.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Chalk716

Post by Chalk716 »

Update on the stop/start issues.
1200 miles into the road trip and everything seems to be working perfectly. Stuck on the road to Fort William from Kyle of Lochalsh today due to an accident. The stop/start worked as it should. Registered 10 mins at its longest point. Average mpg 58.4
Thanks all.
Chalk716
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Great to hear Chalk716 that its all working as it should be now.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Chalk716

Post by Chalk716 »

Thanks GrandlandX68.
Hopefully all sorted now. I’m beginning to like the car again.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍. It was annoying me as well when it happened to mine but they fitted the wrong battery so had to get a new one fitted but since that mine has worked.
Robg

Post by Robg »

Guys, not sure if this will fix all the stop/start issues. I have owned a 1.6 diesel grandland since August 2018 and after a year the stop/start stopped working. The stop start issue has been going on for over 3 years now, I have also had false warnings on the dash, like bulb out, airbag faulty and the latest came 4 weeks after the car went out of warranty, this was a spanner then two messages "engine fault then electrical fault" Vauxhall agreed for the car to be tested again and they found 7 pages of faults, one of which was there are too many faults??? The technician in the garage said this could be the reason my stop/start was not working and low and behold since all the fault codes were removed the stop/start works every time.
When I had the airbag false fault the RAC checked for the code and they aslo found loads of stored fault codes that was about 9 months into my ownership. I like some others had a new battery fitted last August which was a peugeot battery not a vauxhall, this fixed the stop/start for 4 months then it stopped again??
I was told my battery charge/health was 69% so I bought a smart battery charger but that is telling me the battery is at 100% and will not put any charge in. I have also have Paul Wilcox of Vauxhall involved as I was getting nowhere with the customer care people. The last e-mail from Vauxhall said that as teh faults have been removed there was not much they can do now but for me to keep an eye on faults and as soon as one appears to get it back into the garage to be checked, which does not really answer any questions or solve my false messages.
Hope this might help some of you.

Engine fault.jpg

Electrical fault.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for the update Robg hopefully it continues to work.
HS10

Post by HS10 »

Hi guys,

My stop and start also isn't working nowadays for 2weeks in a row.

The car has now 1onth with me, the first times I tried it didn't worked, but could be my fault not using it properly, tha I got it and worked fine for 2 weeks.

To install the sat nave and hardware update I turned the eco option to off and from there to now it never worked again.

Any tip?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post