Map &firmware updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi spiro it shouldn't do normally they are behind the screen fixes with firmware. If in doubt and your system works fine then do you need to update it?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

StuieMic

Post by StuieMic »

@Dsrogan I cannot access the links for the firmware?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi StuieMic

The best way to get the latest maps and Firmware for your car is to download the Vauxhall Update App. I have included the link below to download it to your pc. It will ask you for your VIN and tailor the updates to your car.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... update.exe
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Russell B

Post by Russell B »

Hi all,
Well I finally found the time to update the infotainment and maps, so far so good, it was as as everyone said quite east to download and install,
( Patience required, I ended up in a Tesco car park ), after it had completed I sat there in anticipation with my party hat and banners balloons etc waiting for the system to reboot, and it did, :|
The only thing I could see that had changed on the display was the outside temperature reading had turned white other than that I couldn't see any other difference !!!!!,
I was hoping for a different coloured display and that the grey txt had maybe turned white as well,
Not really sure if the effort and fuel was worth the gain, any thoughts from you good People.
Russell B
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Russell B Good to hear you had no problems updating. I think its worth always having the latest software and maps but some will disagree. The only main change as you say recently was the temperature colour.
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

When my infotainment update was done a few months back the estimated distance/time vertical progress bar on the right of the nav screen started working. It had never worked before and others had reported similarly. So the update was well worthwhile for me.

Old version: 21-07-16-32_NACr0. 23.4.2018
New version: 21-08-84.12
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its good to hear the firmware update has fixed an issue for you. 👍🏻
Buggy1967

Post by Buggy1967 »

Can anyone please advise me of the best action I cant take. I updated the firmware for both the infotainment system and for the satnav. However I cant connect for live traffic updates. I have the vauxhall connect app and everything is up and running. But TomTom does not appear on my maps. ICan anyone advise what I'm doing wrong and if there is any work around to help me.
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Try this: -
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Vauxhall-Connect-user-guide-20210309.pdf
2020 Hybrid 4
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Moss5 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:01 am Try this: -
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Vauxhall-Connect-user-guide-20210309.pdf
Unfortunately that won't work. You've posted a link to a file that's on your computer so nobody but you can access that mate. Try to find a file sharing / uploading service online - upload it there then share the link that the website generates on here.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post