12v socket in the boot.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Brilliant design isn't it?

Since I had most of the lower dashboard off and the centre console, I tried looking for where the cabin filter is. Now I've seen a video about it on YouTube and I don't think there's any chance I'll be replacing it myself. It's as badly designed as the fusebox.
I feel sorry for the guy who's gonna have to do it when my car is in for servicing.

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Certainly not very well designed.
Thankfully the replacing of fuses isn't a regular event. I can't remember the last time I needed to change one. The board ought to be located where it can be accessed easily.
Not for the faint hearted.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I did change my Cabin air filter and its not easy to get to. I would say make sure you wear gloves when you do it otherwise you will rip your hands to pieces. As you have both said this area has been designed badly and luckily we don't need to access it to often.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I'll endorse what GRANDLANDX68 says about changing them out, certainly not easy but not the worst of jobs.
Picture 1 shows the filter housing cover, visible after removing the lower trim under the steering wheel.

I managed to get my arm across and removed the cover but pulling the filter was difficult as I could only grip the tab with middle and index finger. Plyers needed, alternatively use of the left arm is easier.
The two electrical connectors, shown on the second picture (orange arrow) can be unplugged and this gives a little more room, (green arrow shows relative position of the filter housing cover) to withdraw the filters.
The filters are bendable enough to manipulate into the housing.

IMG_20210422_112514.jpg

IMG_20210422_113038.jpg

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

It's been a wee while since I have posted mainly because the car has been fine. I never got around to doing this but at the weekend my hand was forced. A slow puncture and the front 12v socket packed in.

So I followed the instructions on here, taking off the glove box etc etc. It is fairly easy to do but a bit of a faff. Turns out the manual says fuse 32 when in fact is actually fuse 33 as it has been piggybacking to my dashcam. I had every fuse bar the 15amp. Typical. I had to put it all back together, however not doing it in this heat.

Funny thing is I forgot to look for the rear 12v fuse.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Got the front power socket fuse replaced. I went searching for the rear one at the number 7 position. Odd no fuse!

So I put a 15 amp fuse in to it and still no power to the boot 12v socket. Very odd so I took that fuse back out even although the book says that's the right fuse socket.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Shamelessking

Post by Shamelessking »

Hi , just thought I'd post on this as I've recently had a problem with mine which took a little working out but I got there in the end. I had a towbar fitted recently , first time using it I came to leave a campsite , no lights on caravan at all. Turns out it had been wired into the power point in the boot and had blown the fuse for the power point. Same as you guys pulling my hair out getting to the fuse ( listed as fuse number 7 on the board ) only to find the fuse intact. I ended up powering the towbar bypass relays from another source to get home with my caravan but have just got round to looking at it now. I eventually worked out there is another fuse board directly behind the one in the glove box and the fuse for the boot power point is on that board not the one you can see . It was a 15 amp normal size blade fuse that had blown ( the blue one to the left in the picture ) and it can be reached by pulling down the cloth type trim below the glovebox without removing it. Good luck , hope it helps.

16921129596111858805228775930734.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post