firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
chaddman

Post by chaddman »

Hi All,
I have just used the Vauxhall Update App to update the Firmware and Satnav on my 19 plate Sport Nav 1.2 Auto and it worked a treat. It was much easier than faffing about with different downloads and formatting options that I tried before without success. The full procedure was put your vin number into the Updater and it will tell you of any updates for your vehicle. You click to download the updates and after downloading the Updater asks for a Flash Drive of at least 16gb to be inserted into your computer (I used a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 32gb). The Updater will Format the Flash Drive and transfer the Downloads on to it in the Folders it has made.(It put both Updates on the same Flash Drive).The Updater will tell you when it has finished so you can remove the Flash Drive from the Computer. Uploading the Updates took 35 mins for the Firmware and 45 mins for the Satnav. You need to start your engine and keep it running during the Updates. It did the Firmware first and then the Satnav. The screen will go blank a few times during the Uploads as the system keeps restarting just be patient while it does it`s business. When it has finished it will try and install them again just tap NO for both then you can remove the Flash Drive and you are done. My car has gone from version 10 to 20 on the Satnav and the Temp on the screen is brighter so Well Pleased. It looks Like Vauxhall might have got it right AT LAST. I hope this Helps. :D

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Compatibility problems.

Profile Signature.jpg

2020 Hybrid 4
Bry607

Post by Bry607 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:26 am Hi Bry607.

This error sometimes occurs if the file has not downloaded correctly you will need to start again by reformatting the USB then downloading it again. . Does the USB your using have at least 16gb of data space?

I have attached the Download manual for Sat Nav and Firmware updates below.

Hope this helps.

https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... ons_GB.pdf

Yeah, had over 16gb on the USB and also, the app formats the usb.
Will try another usb
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Bry607 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:31 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:26 am Hi Bry607.

This error sometimes occurs if the file has not downloaded correctly you will need to start again by reformatting the USB then downloading it again. . Does the USB your using have at least 16gb of data space?

I have attached the Download manual for Sat Nav and Firmware updates below.

Hope this helps.

https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... ons_GB.pdf

Yeah, had over 16gb on the USB and also, the app formats the usb.
Will try another usb
Hopefully it will work with another USB.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Bry607

Post by Bry607 »

Thats mine dkwnloaded into the car successfully.
Thanks for your help.
Glad Vauxhall simplified the procedure.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No Problem 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I will get mine done at the weekend as it is going in to get the repair job re repaired as the paint is bubbling.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
MaccAferri

Post by MaccAferri »

I have a stupid question. Is the license file different for each car or the same for all Grandland cars?
Opel Grandland X Ultimate, White Pearl, 1.2 130 kM, AT8, IntelliGrip
greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey »

I am sure I have the Maps and Firmware updates spot on now
If anyone is having problems I offer a free USB download and delivery service this is chassis number specific
You pay for postage and packing only as it stands this is £6.50
I have the USB ready to send with a self addressed return bag
Just message me and I can explain it in detail
Once again this is a free service only covering my costs
Cheers
Steve
Grandland Hybrid Ultimate - Moonstone Grey - Diamond cut 19's - Winter Pack 1.6 Turbo 2022
Redrider251

Post by Redrider251 »

Surprised people were having issues with this.
I went on to my.vauxhall.co.uk website. Followed link to software update.
It has a 4 step guide.
Enter vin of my car.
Using an empty 32gb flash drive/USB stick. Note I did not format this further as system wipes it clean and formats anyway.
Downloaded Windows files. Option for Apple if required.
This takes about 20 minutes or more. Remember to eject drive before removing stick from pc.
Printed off instructions.
The next bit in the car was (expletive required here) bloody long. Make sure fuel not low.
Key points
The next two steps will take OVER 1 HOUR!!!
During this time THE ENGINE MUST BE RUNNING. Not just the ignition on, ENGINE RUNNING FOR 1 HOUR. It actually reminds you in the instructions DO NOT DO THIS IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE.
As my Grandland has 2 USB sockets I made sure both were empty.
Start the engine.
Set aircon to your preferred setting.
Insert your USB stick into USB socket. Don't get confused with a USB plug in the cigar lighter socket.
Answer to series of questions should be yes in each case.
Wait at least 30 minutes. Eventually it will return to ask you if you want to upload maps.
Press empty box to put x in it. Select Install.
Yes to all questions.
Wait another 30 minutes.
You can check the tyre Pressures, oil, screen wash, brake fluid levels. Then waterless wax the car, clean the windows, etc. I couldn't leave mine as it was parked on our drive with engine running remember.

The good news after all this is the outside temperature is now displayed in white! Result.
No idea what other changes there are, global tracking of my car possibly.
For those that had failures hopefully this has highlighted where things went wrong possibly.
Good luck

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post