Not happy

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Went to look at the Grandland X Elite this afternoon to discuss options. I was amazed to discover that the rear or 360 cameras are no longer an option on the Elite. I've always considered this is a great safety item and had the rear camera fitted to both my Mokka and Mokka X Elite's. These are now only available on the Ultimate. The dealer said they are constantly changing the options available on the models. I'm wondering if this is an influence from PSA trying to get Vauxhall buyers to go for their 3008. He also informed me that as from the 1st December there is an increase of £695 across the whole range. So at the moment I've come away without any decision on my next step.

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I know the model specs are changing with the wind, however I'd ask the dealer to double check what he's said. The 2019MY price list shows both rear camera (park & go pack 2) & 360 degree panoramic camera (park & go pack 3) as extra cost options on Elite, just not standard equipment.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Deleted User 409

I also have the 2019 year model specs with prices. I down loaded this from the Vauxhall site a few weeks ago. This shows that both the rear camera and 360 camera is available as an option. I've also done an internet live chat to the Vauxhall site and was told it was an option on the Elite. However when I asked him to send this info to me he then said he was not sure if he had the latest specs. At least he confirmed the Sharks Fin aerial was standard on the Elite and so I would be able to get it into the garage. Needs more investigation I feel.
Deleted User 409

Well on Tuesday I was on the Vauxhall web page and did a live chat. It was confirmed that both the rear and 360 cameras were an option with the Elite Nav. I then used the configure your car and had no trouble selecting both these options. This I then printed out for evidence in case I needed it. I had to wait until Thursday to speak to the salesman I've dealt with over previous car purchases. He checked the system in the showroom and found neither were listed as an option. So he said he would go and talk to the person who actually does the buying. 15 minutes later he called back and said yes both options were actually available but just not on the showroom system. So doing a thorough check and getting info from this forum has paid off. I wonder how many other buyers have purchased cars and been told they could not have these options.
Chopsy56

Post by Chopsy56 »

Hi. We purchased an elite nav. After signing for the car we had to wait 3 months for delivery. During that time we was told that their brochures were missprinted and certain features listed were not available on the model we had purchased. Vauxhall gave us some car mats mud flaps and boot liner as compensation.
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Picked up my Elite Nav last week and that didn't have any cameras in either - was a tad disappointed until I realised the mirrors tilt, the all round sensors are brilliant to park and the steering pee'd over my old zafira so its easy to park it (although haven't parallel parked yet, just bay so that may be a whole different story!)
Deleted User 409

My order for a Dark Ruby Red 1.2 Elite Nav 8 speed auto went in on Saturday. Includes 360 camera, dark tinted windows, LED's, power tailgate with keyless entry. Dealer initially had stated 28th Feb. He called this morning to say Vauxhall has excepted order with all options. They quoted a delivery for 1st Feb, but he said don't hold your breath on that date.
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Good result then Ken_A!
Wouldn't mind hearing what you think of the auto when you get it - was a tight toss up on whether to go manual or auto, plumped for manual in the end!
Deleted User 409

happyhippy,

not sure what to expect from the auto as this will be my first after some 50 years of manuals. The change has been due to a recent diagnosis of osteoarthritis in my left hip which has been causing some discomfort when driving. So a new driving experience to come.
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Ken_A wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am happyhippy,

not sure what to expect from the auto as this will be my first after some 50 years of manuals. The change has been due to a recent diagnosis of osteoarthritis in my left hip which has been causing some discomfort when driving. So a new driving experience to come.
I did have an automatic rover a few years ago that was cracking t odrive in a lazy way - enjoy it (when you finally get your mitts on it!)