What I love most about my Grandland is...

The place to discuss everything else..
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Theres going to be a large list of improvements, features and tech I love that has far surpassed my previous cars (inc an Antara and an Insignia) but just to start the ball rolling...

I know its a miniscule thing and not contributory to the cars performance or anything, but I love the twin mock tailpipes at the back! Gives the car a great look IMHO.

Also loving the way the mirrors tilt downwards when reversing...

It doesnt take much to please me hey.... :lol:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

In a word quality.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Reading this forum is a hard job at the moment whilst i'm still waiting for mine to be built. 8 weeks in and counting!!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Mark.C wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:22 pmIn a word quality.
OK.... I'll admit it.... I did look at a Seat Arona as a comparison at one point... the exact opposite end of the spectrum. Not quality!! I'd never seen such a new car that genuinely felt like a cardboard box...
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

edgejedi wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:10 pm
Mark.C wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:22 pmIn a word quality.
OK.... I'll admit it.... I did look at a Seat Arona as a comparison at one point... the exact opposite end of the spectrum. Not quality!! I'd never seen such a new car that genuinely felt like a cardboard box...
Had a peek inside one at the hotel car-park last week. Definitely would never have gone for one of them. I have driven our friends X1 and got to say I was less than impressed.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Barney12

Post by Barney12 »

the colour that my Grandland came in (Quartz Grey with black sunroof) the car really suits it....it was the only colour that Stoneacre could get hold of at the time (Elite Nav 1.2 (130) )
Themis

Post by Themis »

edgejedi wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 pm
Also loving the way the mirrors tilt downwards when reversing...

It doesnt take much to please me hey.... :lol:
How does it ff o that? I have auto folding mirrors but mine font tilt down when reversing. Is there some setting to do that?
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

The mirror tilt function can be enabled/disabled in the Vehicle Settings menu.
Select: - Vehicle settings
- Safety
- Mirror adaption in reverse ON/OFF
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

i found on my elite nav that when in reverse gear and windows tilt you can then tilt them further by using the mirror adjustment on drivers door great help in car parks to see white lines.
Denp

Post by Denp »

I took delivery of my Grandland Tech Line Nav a couple of weeks ago. I purchased my previous car 11 years ago (a VXR that, for the first 10 years had no problems whatsoever and was a delight to drive) so the Grandland has a lot of features that were unheard at that time.

It's hard to say what I love most as there's so much that I like, but it would probably be either the AGR seating or the door mirrors tilting down in reverse. I live in an area where there are quite a lot of single track roads where you can't even pass a bicycle with ease. Being able to see the rear wheels when reversing means that I can reverse at quite high speed and know exactly how close I am to the verge, and no more scuffed wheels when parallel parking. About a quarter of a mile from my home is a road sign that says "If you can't drive in reverse, don't drive forward".

What I hate about it is the poor gearbox. When I change the car I'm going to consider an automatic.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post