What I love most about my Grandland is...

The place to discuss everything else..
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

I've had my criuse control on when on the motorway and let go of the steering and all pedals and watched it keep me inbetween the lines it was scary, then after three four times it told me to take control and turned lane assist off ;-)
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

What I hate about it is the poor gearbox. When I change the car I'm going to consider an automatic.

I have the automatic gearbox with the 1.2 petrol engine. I've done nearly 4,000 miles now and am very disappointed in the gearbox.

The turbolag or what ever it's called is quite bad. Pulling out quickly is something I no longer do due to the serious delay. I can count 2 seconds after pressing the pedal before the power kicks in and it's worse if I'm slowing down for an island then press the pedal to accelerate.

I asked the dealers to check it out and they say everything is fine.

I'm very disappointed in the car mainly due to the engine/gearbox being underpowered in my opinion.

I've tested a 190ps diesel auto VW Tiguan today. What a world of difference !!!

I've placed my order so the Grandland will be part/x'd in Dec when the new car turns up.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Adaptive lighting! I leave my button active all the time now, pretty amazing gadget for changing high and low beam at night automatically ...cant wait to meet the little engine pixie that does the hard work.... :lol:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

LOVE the auto dipping side mirrors in reverse. Very handy little feature.

Auto high beam seems to work really well too!
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Adaptive headlights - they are amazing! What a clever bunch of tech engineers that designed them.

How the hell do they work anyway? Wow!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Have to say the tiliting mirrors (only just noticed them - thought it was my dodgy eyes!) are brilliant, the blind spot indicators are handy on the mirrors. I think the overall drive is cracking (haven't hit the gearbox worries yet - perhaps I need to drive it more).

Heated steering wheels and seats, great stuff for chilly mornings.

I am still in the honeymoon stage with mine after 4 days of diving it about - no doubt I will find more things to like / dislike as I go along.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

edgejedi wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 am Adaptive headlights - they are amazing! What a clever bunch of tech engineers that designed them.

Uses the forward facing camera and a lot of AI processing to detect headlights/taillights (and streetlights).

Have found they occasionally don't work..... put this down to condensation on the screen, as once screen is cleared they work again!
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I love the full beam assist on the headlamps. Took me by surprise one night when I drove through a dark area and the main beam came on! Thinking now I should upgrade the halogen bulbs to philips for a whiter light.
I love the hill start assist, mine is manual and whilst I am still adjusting to an electronic handbrake, I don’t need to worry when temporarily stopped on a hill about to turn right! I am though still getting used to the clutch pedal, as its very different to my old Astra GTC.
Love the impressive quite ride, other than a bit of tyre and wind noise it’s like flying a plane! That goes also for the suspension, on a decent A class road or dual carriageway it’s like being in a plane!
So many gadgets it’s hard to pick one, but having the navigation directions on the colour dashboard driver information screen is very nice - it means I can turn the voice off, leave the main display on music and look as I know where I’m going! :-)
Fabulous car, mine’s a 1.2T 2018 Design so it has a few more toys than the 2019 model.
janetleeke

Post by janetleeke »

edgejedi wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:46 am Adaptive headlights - they are amazing! What a clever bunch of tech engineers that designed them.

Hi, when you say adaptive - does this mean they adjust automatically when driving abroad? I am trying to figure out how to change them before I go on holiday, but if they adapt themselves then that sorts the problem. Thanks
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

lizzyfan wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:49 pm What I hate about it is the poor gearbox. When I change the car I'm going to consider an automatic.

I have the automatic gearbox with the 1.2 petrol engine. I've done nearly 4,000 miles now and am very disappointed in the gearbox.

The turbolag or what ever it's called is quite bad. Pulling out quickly is something I no longer do due to the serious delay. I can count 2 seconds after pressing the pedal before the power kicks in and it's worse if I'm slowing down for an island then press the pedal to accelerate.

I asked the dealers to check it out and they say everything is fine.

I'm very disappointed in the car mainly due to the engine/gearbox being underpowered in my opinion.

I've tested a 190ps diesel auto VW Tiguan today. What a world of difference !!!

I've placed my order so the Grandland will be part/x'd in Dec when the new car turns up.
I agree the automatic is lazy, I have the same gearbox in a Peugeot, Sport does help but normal is slow to react when pulling oof not 2 seconds though about a second. The bit that does seem to work well though is the stop/start integration with the auto as fires up quicker than our manual Grandland X.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post