OnStar Services and Wi-Fi ending 31st December 2020

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

FAQS

Can I have VauxhallConnect in my current car?
VauxhallConnect cannot be retrofitted to an existing car, it must be equipped in the factory.

Which cars have VauxhallConnect?
VauxhallConnect is available on the Grandland X, Crossland X, Combo, Combo Life, Vivaro and Vivaro Life and will be available in all future models, such as the All-New Corsa.

On My Vauxhall website it calls it Vauxhall Connect in my car now it used to say Onstar. So hopefully a retrofit can happen.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

I hope so .
also when the time comes , I will want to get rid of the onstar logo startup screen .
it will be a phone call to Vauxhall customer services , to get a case number .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The live navigation and alerts are compatible on mine, and I have signed up on both and set them up through Bluetooth tethering.
The vehicle information and service section says my grandland X is not compatible, hopefully this could change closer to OnStar end date, but I wouldn't hold my breath as cars originally fitted with OnStar may never be compatible, as using live navigation requires a mobile phone and not the inbuilt SIM as on new grandlands
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

After using the satnav today, on just a small journey, all seems to work well.

we now get TomTom Traffic instead of the non working traffic management system, it shows holdups, accidents, weather etc, plus speed camera alerts from 150 yds away and an symbol shows up in the driver information screen. not sure if this is because I paid for the alerts.

Like I said I only did a short drive, show maybe I will see more show over time.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I tried checking mine earlier and the Live navigation is not showing on my car. It says service in Progress on the app but nothing else.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Make sure you have Bluetooth tethering enabled on your phone, on car select icon at top of screen next to cog to go into connected services, select this and you should be able to activate it here if you are connected right, from there you can follow guide online, if it works TomTom traffic appears after about 1 minute
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok I have tried it and it shows now. Thanks I will wait to see how much data it uses.

How are you getting on with the speed camera alerts? Do they show on the instrument/speedometer or just Nav screen?
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

The speed camera alert shows up in the speedometer screen , next to the road speed limit sign, it works either when you have a route planned or just have satnav screen on, will try with radio screen on tomorrow to see if it works.

Also traffic congestion and weather show up on screen, without having satnav route on, they just show on the map
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok thanks for that information. It used to work like that in my Peugeot 308 but want to make sure it works with just the radio screen on. Thanks for checking. If it works without the Nav screen on wiil get it for sure. It would be interesting to see how much Data it uses.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Today it used 367kb, that is for only 30 minutes driving, will know better after a week or two

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post