OnStar Services and Wi-Fi ending 31st December 2020

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I have been reading the various forums for the Opel Grandland X, on the german site there is a thread about Opel Connect. it seems that they get live services through the Navi 5.0 system even on cars originally equipped with Onstar, you just have to connect a mobile phone through usb or Bluetooth tethering.
Tried it at the weekend and not working on Vauxhall yet, I think you have to register for these services, which Vauxhall do not allow yet.
I will keep checking
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

https://connect.vauxhall.co.uk/

Is now LIVE.

I have just got LIVE NAVIGATION free on there.
Risk areas and Road Safety alerts are now live aswell
£69.99 for one year £139.00 for 3 years
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:11 pm https://connect.vauxhall.co.uk/

Is now LIVE.

I have just got LIVE NAVIGATION free on there.
Risk areas and Road Safety alerts are now live aswell
£69.99 for one year £139.00 for 3 years
Cheers for the heads up!
LIVE NAVIGATION
Real time traffic and local area information, peace of mind for any journey, long or short.
INCLUDED
for 3 years
in your vehicle's price
You know, I wondered why my nav was still working after I cancelled the OnStar contract.... :o

But what about Wi-Fi?
Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It doesnt say anything about WI-FI or Tyre pressure etc. I am tempted by the Risks areas but at £139.00 its a bit expensive.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

tbh it would be nice to have it all integrated into the main head unit, but I use Waze for free for speed cameras etc.

If they added wi fi I might have been tempted...
Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

We dont have access to Vehicle status & information from Vauxhall Connect either. We will have to wait and see if Vauxhall comes up with Vauxhall connect to replace the current Onstar kit in our cars.
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

amazing news that somethings happening about the changeover from onstar to connect .

ive just signed up for live nav and paid for speed alerts .

last week onstar offered me two months for the price of one , so I took the offer .

I still like to check if my car is locked with the phone app because im always forgetting to lock as I walk off because its keyless start and entry .

I hope they start to offer that in the future with the connect service .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I signed up for live nav free for 3 years mine says activation in progress.

I dont think its a too bad price for speed alerts over 3 years. I am still thinking about it. As I want to know will it show where the speed and mileage is or just on Nav Screen.

Did you get 1 year or 3 years?

It will be interesting to see if they replace the onstar kit in the car or they can adapt it to work with Vauxhall connect .
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

ive not been on a drive to test it yet .
I got 1 year for now .
I think we will have to fit the extra connect box to get everything working , as there is a two button switch instead of the 3 button one to press .

hopefully there will be an retrofit kit so the onstar box can be removed and a connect box put in its place instead with a modified loom or whatever .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok please will you let me know how it goes with Risk areas and Road Safety alerts and if they show on the instrument cluster/speedometer. I know my Peugeot 308 did this but not sure if Vauxhall are doing it through just the Nav screen.

I would be happy If Vauxhall provided a kit to fit the Vauxhall connect box to replace the Onstar. All we can do is wait and see nearer the time when Onstar ceases to work.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post