What MPG are you getting

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Just finished seeing how much range I could stretch from a full tank of petrol in the Grandland X 1.2 turbo sport. Basically 2 weeks of commuting mostly motorway during peak hours combined with around 20 minutes of cross country each way. Using Texaco regular petrol I managed an impressive 586 miles from a tank with 18 miles still showing on the range computer. Average consumption shown on the drivers computer almost matched perfectly the calculation from my phone app I use to log my fill ups, 52.7 mpg. Pretty good I would say for a petrol SUV.

Simon

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Wow, I thought my 40.8 average mpg was good.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

always around 36mpg 1.6 diesel at 23,000 miles around town .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
Simonw

Post by Simonw »

Hi
I have a 1.5 Turbo diesel and I can’t any more than 43.7 per MPG can’t afford to run it at thisMPG
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

43 mpg is good , as you can see im only getting 36 mpg for a 1.6 diesel .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
Calmac

Post by Calmac »

I have the 1.5turbo diesel, done around 3600 miles gone from 29mpg to at best 36mpg. Driving around like Miss Daisy to see if it will get any better I’m on a mix of town and motorway driving. Really unhappy with consumption garage say it’s ok no issue found when checked.
Leoshirebrook

Post by Leoshirebrook »

Hi, I have 1.5 automatic 8 gear 69 plate, average since December 47 mpg, motorway/urban 50/50, not to bad, I had Insignia Estate 2.0 manual 11plate (160BHP) and average was 42 mpg so Grandland X even SUV with 1.5 (130BHP) looks better,someone can say that it's not enough power but in my opinion it's really good as automatic gearbox doing good job ,,πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Denzil1950

Post by Denzil1950 »

JUST BOUGHT A SECOND HAND 2018 1.6 DIESEL SPORT NAV AUTOMATIC WITH ONLY 4850 MILES ON THE CLOCK, DRIVING TODAY ON A RIDE OUT AT 50 MPH IT WOULD NOT GO INTO TOP GEAR (6th) AND SHOWING 40/45 MPG...I CHANGED TO MANUAL AND COULD THEN RUN AT 50 MPH IN TRAFFIC IN TOP GEAR...IT WAS THEN SHOWING 60/65 MPG...
QUESTION TO ANYONE...IS IT NORMAL FOR MY GRANDLAND X NOT TO CHANGE INTO TOP GEAR AT 50MPH...
HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTOOD THAT AND THANKS IN ADVANCE...DEN.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi Denzil. I too have the 1.6 diesel sport nav automatic which i purchased from new. My GrandlandX suffers the same issue as yours, where the automatic gear will not go into 6th gear until im travelling at least 55mph. I tend to drive my car using the manual option on short journeys as at times i find in automatic it can be hard to get it to change into 4th at times. I do find that when the engine gets hotter the auto gears do change quicker. I also find that i get better mpg when manually selecting gears. You are not alone !!!!
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Denzil1950

Post by Denzil1950 »

AndyB, took Grandland x into Vauxhall for them to inspect car auto box, they did not do a road test but claimed they "plugged it in" and no fault showing... now the good bit..because the car has only done 4850 miles from new with previous owner in last two years they claim the gearbox gets used to his driving, they say if i keep driving to my speed it may adjust itself and start to go into top gear when I expect it to....I asked if it could be adjusted with computer and they claim its not that clever....its clever enough according to them to know when I want it to go into top gear....I doubt very much if they car has been in top gear prior to me owning in last week and a half...
The stop start function does not work either..Vauxhall acknowledge there is a fault but do not know how to rectify...my confidence has somewhat diminished in the car and the dealers...am i regretting buying....yes I am and its only the fact with using manual I am getting 56.5 MPG i am not trying to return the car...Vauxhall dealer said they will call me when they find out how to sort the car out..Happy Days..
Grandland x Sport Nav Auto Grey...March 2018