Would you Buy a Grandland again

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I thought I would see who on here would be happy to buy another Grandland when they replace there current car. just to start this off I will say I would be and have already ordered one.

I now just have to wait a few months, as I was told 3 weeks ago it was to be factory order and the wait is 5 months.

To let you know I have ordered a 1.2 Ultimate in white with silver roof rails, I fancied a change in colour and they way Vauxhall have changed the model lineup/spec the Ultimate gave me all I wanted/had already, as I currently have an early sportnav now, before they removed half they stuff
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I've just finished my PCP deal.... and bought the car. Couldn't find anything comparible I liked with the same spec value (including the new GXs) and it's a strong car for what I use it for. Aside from the warranty stuff (entertainment and glass) I've literally only just spent on tyres, Michelins have lasted SOOOO long!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Mine is coming up to three years old this year and I am going to keep it. I have looked around recently and for the same spec level I cant justify spending it on a new car
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I would say the same as yourselves. For the value and what you get it cannot be beaten. The car stands out and I actually enjoy it. It does exactly what I need it to do, without seeing ££££ signs coming out the exhaust as my Antara did.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
wingsnwheels

Post by wingsnwheels »

Ours is a 1.2 on Motability, for my wife. We only took delivery in December having had an Astra Tourer 1.4 previously and I prefer the Grandland for it's higher view although the rear window is a bit small. Would probably consider another one if they haven't mucked around with the specs too much. But that won't be until Dec 2023.
2021 1.2 Ecotec. Blue. Clocked over 1,500,000 miles during 59 years of driving.
Biffbaff64

Post by Biffbaff64 »

If you read my post in introductions you'd wonder about my sanity but, yes, I would buy again, and did :-)
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

We did buy a second Grandland back in May as struggled to find anything as nice looking, with decent spec and good value. A top of the range Grandland worked out cheaper than a bottom of the Range Evoque, BMW X1 or Audi Q3, and comes without the badge issues... So comfortable to drive on long journeys, engine is strong and interior fit and finish is very good a match for so called premium brands after doing the rounds.

Next time we will go full electric, so doubtful another Grandland, just waiting for electric cars to become a bit more attractive and less like a starship.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

My current Grandland X will be 3 years old in a month or so, looked around early November with a view to ordering a new car which would be delivered late spring 2022. This would mean I enjoy an inflated 2nd hand value on existing GLX & beat inevitable rises in new car prices.

Have been very happy with my GLX, however concerns over wet cam belts breaking & steep depreciation stopped me ordering another. A Volvo XC40 was always what I wanted next, however my wife's new Yaris hybrid opened my eyes to Toyota hybrids. So a Rav4 has been ordered, but delivery is now likely to be mid Summer.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

My Grandland is 3 and half years old and I've owned it for a year now. It's a nice car and I like many things about it however with several different issues that I found and experienced, I wouldn't buy another one.

Although there might not be many SUVs/crossovers similar to Grandland with somewhat the same price tag, I just can't justify spending £14-17k on a used one again and most definitely wouldn't spend £28k+ on a new one.

It simply isn't worth it and Vauxhall dealers (multiple) are an absolute joke, always claiming there's no issues with the car even when there is.

Starting to fall in love with the looks and safety that Volvo offers more and more so I'm guessing that'll be my next car but who knows... I do miss my Astra K a lot and selling it was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've made so I won't rush into anything.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post