New Cupholder

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

So the 2021 Grandlands have a new cupholder. Not the "square-ish" one we all have but an actual cup holder (circular holes).

FB_IMG_1615888867328.jpg

FB_IMG_1615888386154.jpg

I've got the part number for the new one directly from the bottom of it (someone who has a 21 plate Grandland has sent me a picture of it) however Vauxhall is unable to find that part number.

I already ordered what Vauxhall thought I wanted but turned out to be a cup you put in the holder... That holds 2 pens... Ridiculous invention which wastes space. Luckily I'll be refunded for it.

Spent 45 mins at Vauxhall trying to get the actual holder ordered but no luck at the moment. Searching by reg (mine is 18 plate) it brings a part number for the holder, yet a 21 plate reg brings the exact same result.

The gentleman at the parts department kindly looked at a brand new unregistered Grandland which just got off the lorry and it does in fact have the new style holder but searching by its chassis number, again the same part number shows up, so he is trying to figure out how to order specifically the new one.

I asked if I can be cheeky and remove the new one from the car and pay for it as there's a problem ordering it but they wouldn't let me :(

I'll post when / if I manage to get this sorted. Hopefully it'll be soon.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey Vayerr The design looks much better sadly my car doesn't have a cup holder just storage holders as it has the Grip Control system in its place.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I genuinely didn't know Grandlands had that option until I saw a mention of it in another post here. I know it's a thing on Peugeot 3008 cause I was looking at them.

What does your center console look like with Grip Control? Could you post a picture? Curious to see how much it differs. Thanks
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its a very rare option added. I luckily got it by chance when I purchased my car used. I haven't been able to test the options yet other than the standard ESP/Traction control. I will post a picture on here in the next few days .
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Vayerr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:55 pm I genuinely didn't know Grandlands had that option until I saw a mention of it in another post here. I know it's a thing on Peugeot 3008 cause I was looking at them.

What does your center console look like with Grip Control? Could you post a picture? Curious to see how much it differs. Thanks

DSC_0321.JPG

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Thanks Grandland. That looks a bit odd but also nice to see a different layout of the center console. Let us know how the different modes work, when you get a chance.

My dad has something like that on his 4x4 Land Rover Discovery Sport but hasn't tried it yet either.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No Problem, Will do 👍🏻
Tigerfan

Post by Tigerfan »

I have what looks like the old style but I can’t work out what the button does (in the top
Picture) has anyone got an idea please
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi tiger fan,
The button connects to 2 locating pins, one either side of the cup holder, pressing it and pulling upwards will allow the cup holder to be removed.
Michelledoherty19

Post by Michelledoherty19 »

Hi,

I was just wondering how you order either if the cup holders. I have a 68 plate but it never came with a cup holder. I just have the empty square area and would be so much better if there was a cup holder