Rear twin fog light upgrade

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Don't think you read the post properly. Clearly first paragraph refers to rear fog lights - which I rarely use in thick fog and never at any other point. It is however very common where I live to see people use rear fog lights even in a slightly dark yet clear and dry conditions or even during sunny summer evenings.

As for front ones like I said, they don't dazzle anyone as they are aimed towards the ground and not straight ahead like headlights. Despite what the Highway Code says regarding general use of fog lights, I will continue to use the front ones to have extra visibility for myself and so my car is more visible as well. They don't cause any danger but provide extra safety if you like.

As for rear ones, completely agree with Highway Code when it comes to that. In my eyes, in theory, if you want to be so uptight about someone using the front fog lights in a non foggy weather during the night, when they don't dazzle anyone or cause any other problem, you may as well complain about people using headlights during the day when the car is fitted with DRLs. But that's my opinion. Sue me for it lol.

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The regulation covers the front fogs also, as you are aware. As for dazzle I agree with you that they most probably don't, in clear dry conditions but, if the road surface is wet or snow covered, dazzle does occur and that is why the regulation is in place.
The downward angle has an equal and upwards angle from the road surface when wet conditions apply and there is a mirror effect.
I don't get uptight about it was just saying they have a legal use but not everyone is aware, obviously.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

No hard feelings mate :)
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Non taken.
🙂
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

If any of you do this upgrade please let me know as I would be interested in doing this myself.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’m still looking into this but the price for a second hand unit from Europe is ridiculous. Some sellers on eBay won’t even post to the uk. It looks as though I’ll have to trawl the web a bit longer to see if I can get a decent rear light for a good price.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

That's fair enough I did have a quick look on Ebay myself and see how ridiculous the prices are for them.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Finally finished the twin rear fog light upgrade. I managed to get hold of a European spec rear light unit. I fitted my led conversion bulbs into them and it was just a case of plugging the light back into the car wiring plug and it works just as it should. It makes the rear of the car look much neater as it is now no longer lob sided due to one bulb only working.
I’ll try and get pics tomorrow to show the end result.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It will be good to see what it looks like now compared to before.
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Here’s the picture of the twin fog light upgrade.
It definitely looks 100% better now.

846868BB-2C1B-4B47-A840-80BBBE9D7F82.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post