Tesco Petrol

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

Is it advisable to use Tesco petrol in the 1.2 Grandland?

I previously owed Astra K's and they advised against using Tesco petrol.

Regards

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Never used Tesco but know a few people who did and experienced problems.

Personally I had problems on a different car twice when I filled up at Sainsburys but my dad goes pretty much only there and Shell with his Land Rover.

I would say BP / Shell for quality or Asda to save money.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Don't think I have ever thought about not buying Tesco, or other supermarket, fuels due to it being inferior.
Supermarket fuel and the more expensive big fuel brand product on sale across the road could have come from the same refinery. Where they differ is that the big brands may add certain chemicals to the fuel which they claim help the car perform better.
All fuel that’s sold in the UK must comply with legal standards set nationally and internationally. For example, currently the amount of ethanol in UK petrol is set at 5 per cent.
However, those standards mean the petrol (same for diesel) you put in your car shouldn’t do it any damage. And that is the most important thing.
My view of course.
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I mainly use Tesco petrol in my Grandland, but usually Tesco Momentum 99 (Super unleaded). Over 15,000 miles so far at 40 mpg +, with no issues.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi I use mainly Sainsburys and Tesco fuel and never had any problems.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Dag Hammar

Post by Dag Hammar »

I puzzles me that the majority of motorists spend thousands of pounds on their cars, the VED can cost £150 and the insurance is another few hundred, but few seem willing to spend an additional ten or fifteen pence per litre on a premium brand of petrol. I ceased buying supermarket petrol years ago for the aforesaid reasons. Yes, some would argue that I’m wasting money unnecessarily by spending more on Shell / BP / Esso etc but in the grand scheme of annual motoring costs the difference is small beer.
In the last year my favoured filling station has been the ESSO one just round the corner from where I live and to “put my money where my mouth is” I buy the ESSO Supreme+ petrol rather than than the standard 95RON unleaded. The ESSO website gives some information about the additives and their benefits.
As an aside, for some reason the pumps have recently been re-labelled and the ESSO Supreme+ is now 99 RON whereas it used to be 97 RON.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post