Live navigation

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
dbuckel
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by dbuckel » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm

I am just the same, unable to connect to live navigation or connect to vehicle data on the app. I have had a case on going with customer services for a couple of months and still waiting for response from their IT department.

Midinotes
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Midinotes » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 pm

I had a similar problem, you need to enable the live navigation in your vauxhall connect account from the store. It’s free for the first 3 years but you have to add it once you have enabled your account. Full details are here
https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/ ... 0Guide.pdf

Simon

dbuckel
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by dbuckel » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Midinotes wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:40 pm
I had a similar problem, you need to enable the live navigation in your vauxhall connect account from the store. It’s free for the first 3 years but you have to add it once you have enabled your account. Full details are here
https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/ ... 0Guide.pdf

Simon
I have done this and live navigation is active according to my account. I have used Bluetooth tethering to connect to car, done everything that others have done on this forum and it still will not work.

jayh1986
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by jayh1986 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:02 am

Finally found the solution. It's a nav setting. Click menu on NAV then settings, click maps and theres an option that says allow sharing tick that box and it'll work if you've already done the other options. Ie tethering etc.

20200817_160156.jpg


dbuckel
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by dbuckel » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:09 pm

Thanks a lot to jayh1986 I now have live navigation working, it's only taken 6 month and several visits to my dealer and several mails to Vauxhall customer services who obviously all do not know how to get it working.

Deleted User 769

Post by Deleted User 769 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm

Bry607 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm
Just wondering if anyone can help regarding this.
The connected service status just says not available, i have registered everything on the my vauxhall website.
Also that is the only option i get, on the instructions it says their should be a 'wifi' and 'private mode' option but i only get 'connection service' option.
Please help.
Hi

Silly question, but if I get the Tom Tom logo on the map page, is it working and active? Reason I ask is because I’ve eventually managed to get this up and running, with this status screen showing active and available. Until, I plug my iPhone in to the USB cable, when it changes to active and not available. It’s like the hotspot doesn’t get used when it’s plugged in and using CarPlay. Very frustrating.

excellor8
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:10 pm

Post by excellor8 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 am

If you get the tom tom logo in the bottom right corner of your screen, it's working. I don't get why your connection stops once you connect to car play. It works via Bluetooth tethring so should still work.

Deleted User 769

Post by Deleted User 769 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:41 am

excellor8 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 am
If you get the tom tom logo in the bottom right corner of your screen, it's working. I don't get why your connection stops once you connect to car play. It works via Bluetooth tethring so should still work.
I agree that it’s weird. But every time that I plug my iPhone in to the USB, the car seems to disconnect from the hotspot, which seems to be the key for the Tom Tom stuff. It’s still connected via Bluetooth, though, as far as I recall.

Midinotes
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Midinotes » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Pretty sure the same happens when I plug my iPhone into the USB port for using Carplay - I think it disconnects the bluetooth data connection as it's then using cable. I haven't tried changing the data connecting on the Grandland settings page to USB instead of Bluetooth, but knowing how quirky the infotainment system it probably won't work. I've got Tom Tom connect working on my phone, but still unable to get the MyVauxhall app connecting on my phone over bluetooth or indeed cable to use the connected features of that. I've contacted customer services, they asked me to check with my dealer for a firmware update for the Grandland's system - I don't expect that to get me anywhere.

Simon

Deleted User 769

Post by Deleted User 769 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Midinotes wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Pretty sure the same happens when I plug my iPhone into the USB port for using Carplay - I think it disconnects the bluetooth data connection as it's then using cable. I haven't tried changing the data connecting on the Grandland settings page to USB instead of Bluetooth, but knowing how quirky the infotainment system it probably won't work. I've got Tom Tom connect working on my phone, but still unable to get the MyVauxhall app connecting on my phone over bluetooth or indeed cable to use the connected features of that. I've contacted customer services, they asked me to check with my dealer for a firmware update for the Grandland's system - I don't expect that to get me anywhere.

Simon
I suspect that I’ll probably just give up on Live Navigation and will stick with CarPlay and Apple Maps / Google Maps / Waze etc. I have to say that I find the Vauxhall infotainment system totally impenetrable compared to every other system I’ve used from different manufacturers.

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post