Live navigation

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey »

tom tom use 2 way comms to get the traffic info - all tom tom sat navs have a sim card that sends and recieves - when you use tom tom on your phone it sends and receives - so it makes perfect sense that if your phone is not connected via usb you cannot use the tom tom part of the sat nav - i think this might be the reason that people are having issues with tom tom traffic
Grandland Hybrid Ultimate - Moonstone Grey - Diamond cut 19's - Winter Pack 1.6 Turbo 2022

gra108

Post by gra108 »

Does anybody know if there is a way to store destinations in alphabetical order. Destinations semed to be stored in ordr of adding ythem.
cavezop

Post by cavezop »

you may need to check you phone connection, not sure where it is but if i think if you go into the phone screen, there is a way to click on the phone connected and select what is allowed ,
gra108

Post by gra108 »

Have an issue where by tge sat nav looses the cars position. You can drive for miles and the satnav hasno clue where the car is, you can be driving down a motirway and the sat nav ix showing a map of a town and still givex you directions. The only way to rectify is to switch off engine leave for 5 minutes, restsrt map will still not show location, so choose new destination, map then displays current location, and then zllows you go enter original destination and you can continue your journey Any ideas on what is causing this wouls be helpful,
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

gra108 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:27 pm Have an issue where by tge sat nav looses the cars position. You can drive for miles and the satnav hasno clue where the car is, you can be driving down a motirway and the sat nav ix showing a map of a town and still givex you directions. The only way to rectify is to switch off engine leave for 5 minutes, restsrt map will still not show location, so choose new destination, map then displays current location, and then zllows you go enter original destination and you can continue your journey Any ideas on what is causing this wouls be helpful,
Had this issue recently on my Nav after I updated it to latest v24 maps. To resolve this I soft reset the whole unit.

Press and hold the phone button and count to 10
Let go off button and unit will go blank and reset itself (this may take a few minutes)
Once back up the maps and all parts working fine now.
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post