A week in and first thoughts.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well its nearly a week in and 400 miles done. First impressions are what a car, it takes me back to the comfort of my elite Insignia a few years ago but much better.
After travelling from Glasgow to Harrogate and Whitby it has handled it all superbly and it all honesty it does not feel like a 3 cylinder.

Plus points.
Economy, comfort, handling, very quiet in the cabin.

Negative points.
Rattle coming from the roof blind when going over a bump (back to dealer when home)
Lane departure warning, so iiritating when changing lanes when indication is not needed. So permanetly switched off.
Sat Nav well out of date and will update when home.

All in all is a great car.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

fishwagon

Post by fishwagon »

I was a bit dubious as to whether a 3 clinder 1200cc would be up to the job on such a biggish car,but reading your comments it does seem it,s well capable,another plus for the Grandland.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

At 70 its smooth and relatively quiet but responsive even above this. I have can from an automatic 2.2 Antara and i am more than happy. Just getting used to a manual again.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Car is booked in for next Friday with the added problem of the active braking dashboard light coming on intermittently and staying on.
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

At the moment I only have a minor groan, there's not enough storage for loose items, the glove box is pathetic and the centre console is not much better.

But if that's all I got to moan about it must be a pretty good motor !!
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

One other thing is my foot gets caught on the foot rest beside the clutch pedal, just a bit narrow. Also the boot light is pathetic so it will be replaced with am LED one.

Just minor minor issues.
Kayzoe24

Post by Kayzoe24 »

I Centre consul storage flap stop locking down is it an easy fix
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

When I bought my grandland back in 2020 the flap was having the same fault as yours. The dealers just switched it out for a brand new one as it was easier than taking the mechanism apart.
Hope this helps