Wireless phone charging

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Tonebatch

Post by Tonebatch »

I didn’t spec my car the dealer found one already available with a few things I wanted on it. I’m happy with the car, however it has a wireless phone charger in it. This was a bonus goodie that just happened to be fitted. That said when I tried to use it with my iPhone 8 Plus it doesn’t work. I’ve contacted Vauxhall and they don’t want to know. Anybody got the same problem?

Eos97

Post by Eos97 »

I believe the iPhone 8 is on the list of mobile phones that is not compatible with the wireless charger

Regards
Mark
chrislee133

Post by chrislee133 »

Send an email to customercare@vauxhall.co.uk and complain, this is the response I got:
I have an iPhone X which doesn't charge

Thank you for your Email dated 3rd of January 2019
Having checked our system I can confirm that the wireless charger of your vehicle Vauxhall Grandland X, registered BF18YLN is only compatible with phones with wireless charger of first-generation QI
Regrettably at this moment in time there are no software updates planned to resolve your current issues.
Please be advised the more cases reported regarding these faults, software is likely to be available in the future.
I understand this may not have been the response were expecting please be advised all comments are remained on file for future development, however if you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us either by return email or telephone 0800 026 0034 quoting your service request number above.
Thank you for contacting Vauxhall motors

Yours Sincerely
Melissa S.
Infotainment Agent
Vauxhall Motors UK
Elite Nav 1.2 Petrol Auto Diamond Black
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

I'm not surprised. Apple are notorious for not taking up industry standards - they'd rather force their users into buying more Apple products...
Tonebatch

Post by Tonebatch »

Clearly I need to change my phone as I won’t hold my breath on Vauxhall doing anything to rectify the problem. It’s just a shame I can’t use what would be a very useful feature 😔
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

Doesn't Car Play need a cable connection anyway?
Tonebatch

Post by Tonebatch »

Yes it does! It would still be nice to be able to use the charger though. Perhaps when listening to the radio, or Bluetooth streaming. But mostly because it’s there and I would like to be able to use it.
gra108

Post by gra108 »

Just received a granland X ultimate. Does anybody Know were the wireless charger is located.
Cannot find it in the centre console storage, has it been moved?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi gra108 I would check with your dealership as due to chip and part shortages some cars have arrived with without certain options. It hasn't changed place as far as I am aware and should be in the centre console storage.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

If you have a new ultimate spec, then the wireless charging was removed in April, I ordered mine late Feb, had it delivered in August and the wireless charging was removed between order and delivery
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post